"Kandersteg" Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg by eurotravels
Kandersteg Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 291 photos
If you are wanting to stay in/around the Bernese Oberland/Jungfrau area take a look at the classic resorts of Wengen, Murren, Interlaken etc but before you decide I would also recommend that you consider the village of Kandersteg (information site www.kandersteg.ch). Our hotel was the Bernerhof. 260 chf for a double room half board with a view that would take some beating. They have a very good web site www.bernerhof.ch. I have put some of my own pictures in the Travelogue “Kandersteg”. Transport links are very good as it is at the start of the Lotschberg tunnel, but the traffic for the tunnel is diverted out of town so it is still very peaceful. The Oeschinensee is on your doorstep.
2003 -Well, we said we wanted to go back and in August we did. After some travelling in the area we still feel that Kandersteg is one of the best places to stay. You feel safe and secure, knowing that no-one is out to rob or rip you off.
This year we returned with our own paragliding equipment and ran off the Allmenalp - 2000 feet (600m) above the village. Please see the travellogue for pictures.
The Oeschinensee is a very beautiful lake and a great place to start a walk to the Blumlisalp and it’s glaciers. If you take food there is a public barbeque built into a rest area at the side of the lake (look for the totem pole - and perhaps the smoke!).
You take a short cable car journey then a short walk to get there. Anyone staying in Kandersteg receives a guest card that provides discounts on the cable cars. There is more information on the website www.kandersteg.ch
- Pros:Absolutely stunning views, quiet and peaceful with good transport links
- Cons:Pretty expensive.
- In a nutshell:We had a relaxing and extremely enjoyable stay and would love to go back.
At the beginning of August Kandersteg hosts a baloon week (it actually lasts for nearly a fortnight). Information is... more travel advice
Probably the most distinctive mountain in Europe can be reached fairly easily in a day from Kandersteg. We visited for a... more travel advice
- Fresh Roast Chicken
- Quiet nightlife
- The Blue Lake (Blausee)
- The Lotschberg tunnel
eurotravels' Related Pages
Kandersteg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Away From Home"
- "Welcome to Kandersteg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kandersteg
- Hotels in Kandersteg
- Transportation in Kandersteg
- Nightlife in Kandersteg
- Restaurants in Kandersteg
- Shopping in Kandersteg
- Warnings and Dangers in Kandersteg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kandersteg
- 11 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kandersteg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kandersteg
Photos in KanderstegSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peak District National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bolzano Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sheffield Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verbier Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue