"Paragliding with Verbier Summits" Top 5 Page for this destination Verbier by eurotravels

Verbier Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 81 photos

We've been back to Switzerland again (I know, we're getting predictable!). Haven't done much walking this year, we've taken to the skies instead.
I've only recently obtained my UK licence to paraglide and within the first hour of post qualification flying managed to trash my glider on a barbed wire fence, so confidence was pretty low. Despite that, the team from "Verbier Summits" helped me to get in the air again and enjoying a few 4000 feet top to bottom flights. Marvellous.
My husband had a little more experience and achieved over 20 flights in active thermic conditions - going up hundreds of metres above takeoff rather than the constant downwards flights that we're more used to!. He couldn't believe he could have learnt so much in the first week. Thanks to the team he claims to have had the best 10 days of his life (mmm, wonder where the honeymoon is in the rankings?).
Even if you're not an independent flier look them up as they do spectacular tandem flights for 170CHF, aiming to keep you in the air for over 30 minutes (10-15 is more the norm).
Any non flying guests shouldn't feel left out as there is a good public sports centre in the village and walks of all categories.
Please take a look at the Travelogue (link at the bottom of this page) for more details.

Verbier benefits from a localised microclimate, providing for the sunniest and driest weather in Switzerland (in common with the nearby Rhone valley). We enjoyed a week of solid sunshine, to then arrive back home into the UK to be met by the coldest July day on record.

Back again September

Once again we had a wonderful time, my mum and dad flew on a plane for the first time then followed that with tandem flights with Mike. They loved it! All the family enjoyed the walks and local scenery - showing that Verbier is not just about skiing and extreme sports.

• Pros:Swiss hospitality, efficiency, cleanliness etc and massive views.
  • Cons:Some slightly touristy restaurants, but nothing of significance.
  • In a nutshell:Great for walking, even better for paragliding, not just a skiing resort.
  • Last visit to Verbier: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2005

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 9:02 AM

What an exclusive view over the Alps!!! I saw these little birds flying over my head this summer, but I forgot to try a flight... May be this winter if I get bored of skiing there ;-)

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2004 at 7:26 AM

So... you seem to like switzerland. How was your Tandem jump? (If I get my courage together I hope to do it, too, someday). Great waterfall pic on your homepage BTW!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2004 at 11:37 AM

Yes please, more more more Love the reflection in the chalet window!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2004 at 1:26 PM

Useful info but your audience want more of your pics!

Badges & Stats in Verbier

Have you been to Verbier?

Latest Activity in Verbier