"asantetravel's new Matsumoto Page" Matsumoto by asantetravel
Matsumoto Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 294 photos
Matsumoto is a 2 hour train ride from Nagoya. It’s located at the base of the Japanese Alps. It is a charming city with interesting sites and food!! Specialties of the area include raw horsemeat, shinshu sobu(noodles), wasabi, crickets, and bee larve. Matsumoto is also a very mucial place! As we pulled into the station, we were greeted by a cheerful announcer who sang “Matsu-mooooooootooooooo, Matsumooooootooo”. Even crossing the street instead of beeps at the traffic lights (to help blind people local pedestrian crossings) there was a song. Besides the sites, sounds, and food in Matsumoto; there are also some great antique shops!!
- pics coming soon!
Matsumoto Castle. I’ve seen many castles during my stay in Japan and I was not looking forward to seeing this one.... more travel advice
Yone Yoshi! Here we ate an excellent meal. The food was excellent!!!! I will warn you to stay away from the bee larve... more travel advice
asantetravel's Related Pages
Matsumoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few hours in Matsumoto"
- "Matsumoto as the hub of central Japan"
- "Japan's oldest castle and a city of clocks!"
- "I love this city!"
- "One of the best castles in Japan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matsumoto
- Hotels in Matsumoto
- Transportation in Matsumoto
- Nightlife in Matsumoto
- Restaurants in Matsumoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Matsumoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matsumoto
- 6 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Matsumoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matsumoto
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sapporo Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 19 reviews, 4 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- China Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Beijing Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 11 reviews
- Kuwana Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews