"asantetravel's new Sapporo Page" Sapporo by asantetravel

Sapporo Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 432 photos

Hokkaido. Hokkaido. Hokkaido. I fell in love with Hokkaido in only ten days. Hokkaido is a beautiful island! There's something here for everyone; crystal lakes, mountains, beautiful gorges, wildlife, hiking, onsens, and great food!! I visited Sapporo, Noboribetsu Onsen, Shiraoi, Lake Toya, Otaru, and Sounkyo in Daisetsuzan Park. This photo was taken at the Sapporo Factory.

Check out my Daisetsuzan travelogue for some of the most beautiful pics my little digital camera has captured.

--I went back to Sapporo for the Snow Festival (2003)! It was cold and I had a couple of close calls on the ice but it a great trip!

• Pros:Wide streets, great ramen, and lots of foreigners.
  • Cons:Lots of foreigners!
  • In a nutshell:I great escape close to home.
  • Last visit to Sapporo: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 30, 2003

• Kelletria's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 2:18 PM

Is that butter corn squash? It all sounds good anyway. I can't wait. I hope to have some good food there. Kelle

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 10:05 AM

Great pages on Sapporo.. Thank you for the brief but effective history about the Ainu people.. It's a shame anytime an ancient culture and language is lost!! Thanks again.. Rafi

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2004 at 1:00 PM

I am considering a trip to Japan in Nov 04 and would like to find something off the beaten path. Thanks for letting me know what Sapporo is like.

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2004 at 3:15 AM

Lovely tips and pretty pics

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2003 at 5:01 AM

Hey,. Erica great Hokkaido page... It been years, by I too have waded through the snow drifts and drank beer as fast as I could at the Sapporo factory... thanks...

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2002 at 5:28 PM

wish I ccan enjoy Sounkyo & onsen too ;-(((

• demonia's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2002 at 8:24 AM

Great travelogues and tips

• Aug 5, 2002 at 2:53 PM

Yup, you found the high spots!

asantetravel

“Don`t just survive - LIVE!”

Badges & Stats in Sapporo

Have you been to Sapporo?

Latest Activity in Sapporo