"Unique City!" Montreal by Eilian
Montreal Travel Guide: 3,700 reviews and 6,891 photos
Aaaah ! Montréal feels like Europe and America at the same time... A french city with an old port and old city standing in Northen America makes my hometown very special.
All-year long awaken with its many festivals. Still, spring makes its people awake after a snowy and cold winter. You then see them lay down on the greens of its many parks and its mountain *yes, we have a mountain* , relaxing on a café, restaurant or pub's terrace or celebrating Montreal's events - Grand Prix, Festival Nuit d'Afrique, Festival de Jazz, Just for laughs festival, and it never ends! During the fall season, you can take long walks through the mountain or the parks, enjoying the pretty viws the city can show... And the winter makes Montreal's locals relax inside, even with some festivals or celebrations making people take advantages of snow and cold.
Montréal is really a perfect city with lots of cultural events, 4 universities, close to 2 millions citizens including suburbs, 21 museums (as far as I know), hundreds of fantastic restaurants. Montréal is also a city where people speak more french.
The city stands maybe in the Americas, but it belongs to the only french speaking province of Canada.
Which makes this city pretty dear to me.
- Pros:European atmosphere and lot lot lot things to do all year long
- Cons:I don't see any
- In a nutshell:You have to see it to believe it!
This is where yougo to hear a band - I saw so many good ones here - for cheap. Or have a beer after work. Or even play... more travel advice
Though the Prince-Arthur street is a nice place to walk on, you find many cheap restaurants. The thing is that during... more travel advice
- See All St Laurent Blvd
- Ste-Catherine street
- See All Dial 514 or 450!?
- Packing List
Eilian's Related Pages
Montreal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bienvenue a Montreal! (Welcome!!!)"
- "A Wonderful Winter Weekend!"
- "Fall in love with Montréal..."
- "MONTRÉAL - our entry to Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreal
- Hotels in Montreal
- Transportation in Montreal
- Nightlife in Montreal
- Restaurants in Montreal
- Shopping in Montreal
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montreal
- 58 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 67 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Montreal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreal
Photos in MontrealSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 58 reviews, 56 photos, 6 travelogues
- Pevensey Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- England Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nantes Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mold Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Carnac Intro, 1 photo