"jtb2inky's Russia Page" Russia by jtb2inky

Russia Travel Guide: 14,432 reviews and 36,785 photos

My trip to Russia and the Ukraine was my first venture over the big pond. I had always wanted to travel to Russia, but at the time I had one problem...since most of my money went to pay for college I was pretty much broke for cash. In February of 1993 I saw my chance. There had just been a revolution in the Soviet Union in December that had completely changed the country. It was now Russia, and many of its former states were now countries themselves (see my travelogues for more information about this). Since things were still pretty rough over there, and it was the middle of the Russian winter, travel to region was very, very cheap. Just what I needed to know! I traveled to Russia with my Aunt and Uncle, and my Uncle's Uncle (confused?). We toured Moscow and St. Petersburg (which had just been re-named from Leningrad at the time). We also went to Kiev in the Ukraine (see my Ukraine page for more information on this). Needless to say, I went and had a great time! I hope you enjoy my pages about this trip.

• Last visit to Russia: Feb 1993
  • Intro Written May 21, 2002

jtb2inky

“It`s Better to Travel than Rot at Home”

Badges & Stats in Russia