"Rome the Eternal City" Rome by sniem

Rome Travel Guide: 12,092 reviews and 26,960 photos

Rome impressions

It's pretty difficult to start a Rome page, because what should I say that hasn't been said before. Rome is beautiful, fascinating, dirty, loud, has unbelievable cultural sights and the only place I've been so far where the carabinieri constantly flirt and try to get dates. In Germany you always have an uneasy feeling when a policeman approaches not so in Rome, they just want to flirt :-)

Rome in Nov/Dec

I just returned from a one week trip to Rome (Nov. 27 to Dec 3rd) these days and I can really recommend visiting Rome at this time of year.
There where rarely any tourists....we just walked into the vatican museums without the normal waiting lines to get in.
The temperatures where surprisingly warm - we regularly sat outside on the Campo di Fiori with a glass of wine til 2 am.
We've already done most of our Christmas shopping - Rome is a great place for shopping!!

• Pros:Fascinating culture, great people
  • Cons:None to me :-)
  • In a nutshell:veni, vidi - I'll return!!
  • Last visit to Rome: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 8, 2004

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2004 at 6:10 AM

Nice page about Rome. I like it!

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 4:00 PM

Interesting and useful tips on Rome, excellent pictures as well!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 3:53 AM

Absolutely excellent tip about the Archeobus (not just an autobus eh? lol!). Really liked your nightlife tip too. You sound like my type of traveller. Will definitely consult you b4 planning our eventual trip to la bella Italia. Ciao, ciao Silke!

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2004 at 8:29 PM

Lovely intro and hope to see more on your page soon!!! I just loved it here even though it was a bit dirtier than most other Italian cities!!! There was also a lot more to see here than in many other places!!! Will come back for more someday soon!!!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2004 at 6:34 AM

Very nice Roman holiday, Silke. I enjoyed my visit to your page. I noticed that my friend Barbara had been reading and rating you, so I popped over. : )

• chicabonita's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2004 at 6:30 AM

wow, what an opening picture!!! So I really don't need to have a bad feeling when seeing a carabinieri?!?

• ARoman's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 8:28 AM

As a first chapter, very nice notes and pics, well done!

• Sarita76's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 5:14 AM

I know it!!!!! It's at the Campidoglio :))

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 6:15 AM

nobody learns all of rome in a day or a month

• Jul 25, 2003 at 7:16 AM

nice picture..awaiting more for this exotic destination

sniem

“Memory is the only paradise we cannot be evicted from”

Badges & Stats in Rome