"Rome the Eternal City" Rome by sniem
Rome Travel Guide: 12,092 reviews and 26,960 photos
It's pretty difficult to start a Rome page, because what should I say that hasn't been said before. Rome is beautiful, fascinating, dirty, loud, has unbelievable cultural sights and the only place I've been so far where the carabinieri constantly flirt and try to get dates. In Germany you always have an uneasy feeling when a policeman approaches not so in Rome, they just want to flirt :-)
I just returned from a one week trip to Rome (Nov. 27 to Dec 3rd) these days and I can really recommend visiting Rome at this time of year.
There where rarely any tourists....we just walked into the vatican museums without the normal waiting lines to get in.
The temperatures where surprisingly warm - we regularly sat outside on the Campo di Fiori with a glass of wine til 2 am.
We've already done most of our Christmas shopping - Rome is a great place for shopping!!
- Pros:Fascinating culture, great people
- Cons:None to me :-)
- In a nutshell:veni, vidi - I'll return!!
If your in Rome while they are playing "Tosca Amore Disperato" go! go! go! It's a new and modern production of Tosca by... more travel advice
You can't really call the Palazzo Farnese of the beaten path because it's right behind Campo di Fiora. But since... more travel advice
sniem's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 12 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 42 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stuttgart Intro, 22 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alsace Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Sardegna Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tübingen Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Böblingen Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos