"Böblingen - The German Silicon Valley" Böblingen by sniem
Böblingen Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos
Boeblingen lies about 20 km south of Stuttgart. In 2003 we will celebrate our 750 year jubilee. Although Böblingen is quite old you won't see many old buildings since the city was totally destroyed during the second world war. Only around the Church and the Marktplatz you can see some old buildings.
Today the area is sometimes referred to being the German Silicon Valley. IT companies like IBM and HewlettPackard have their German HQs here. And the German car producers DaimlerChrysler, Smart and Porsche are also located here.
- Pros:Great thermal bath!
- Cons:Lots of ugly buildings build in the 60s
The Schönbuch nature park stretches from Böblingen to Tübingen. It used to be the game park of the former Kings of... more travel advice
sniem's Related Pages
Böblingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Böblingen - The German Silicon Valley"
- "Orlikins geht nach Böblingen"
- "Stomping grounds revisited."
- "In Böblingen for business"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Böblingen
- Hotels in Böblingen
- Transportation in Böblingen
- Restaurants in Böblingen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Böblingen
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Böblingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Böblingen
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stuttgart Intro, 22 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alsace Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Sardegna Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tübingen Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Böblingen Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
Latest Böblingen hotel reviews
- Hotel Wanner
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013