"Silke's travel pages" sniem's Profile
December is the time when I really like living in Germany. I love going to the beautiful Christmas markets which take place everywhere from small towns to the big cities. Sometimes just a day or two sometimes for the whole month of December like in Stuttgart. There is nothing better than standing in the snow with a Gluehwein (mulled wine) to warm your hands and your body (watch out it gets you drunk real fast :-) while listening to a choir singing christmas songs.
This year the Christmas markets in the big cities start around November 25th/26th and last until December 23rd.
My favourites are, on the websites you'll find the exact dates for this year and more info on special events:
Bad Wimpfen: http://www.badwimpfen.org/
I live in Böblingen a city about 10 miles south of Stuttgart. It's a great place to live right in the middle of Europe. I can reach about 5 different countries by car in less than 4 hours. I've travelled a lot all over the world over the past few years, but my favourite travel destination is Italy, where I go at least twice a year.
2004 was a year with lots of interesting travels, and I'm really not up to date with my travel pages yet, if you have questions on these places I'm glad to help out:
- January: Rome
- February: Venice
- March: Naples
- July: Boattrip in Croatia
- September: Trip through Italy with stops in: Florence, Positano, Capri, Pompei, Orvieto, Florence, Como
- December: 1 week in Rome
- March 4 days Barcelona
- April 4 days Vienna
- May 4 days Budapest
- July 1 week Ireland
These are all 15-25 Euro flights with HLX or Germanwings. I'll have to cancel my boyfriends newsletter subscription every time they have an offer he books another trip....lol
It was great to see the pace flags hanging on the balconies in Rome and Florence in 2003.
Stuttgart has become the southern German hub for two of the uprising cheap airlines "Germanwings" www.germanwings.com and "Hapag LLoyd Express" www.hlx.com.
I just love it!!! But these cheaps flights are getting really expensive because I've booked so many of them.
This is what I've booked so far and the incredible prices I've payed incl. return flights and tax:
Prague Dec21st - 22nd 2003 for 2 Euro
The trip was great, and it will surely not be my last visit to this beautiful city.
Pisa Dec. 26-29th for 30 Euro
Short visit to Florence to say hi to my friends. Seems like I'll spend some weekends at the beach in Tuscany this summer.
Rome January 31 to Feb 4: 30 Euro
Venice February 13 to 15: 60 Euro
This is the most expensive so far but it's during carnival and it was my xmas present for my mom.
Naples: March 12 to 15 : 30 Euro
I found a great project on the web here you can vote for the New 7 wonders of the world http://www.new7wonders.org/e/ so far more than 9 million people worldwide have taken part. Wow isn't that real democracy!
For me one surely is the Colloseum in Rome
Personal Pages (2)
Written Jan 28, 2004
Snow in my garden - January 2004
Written Feb 23, 2005
Snow snow snow - February 2005
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 91 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- sniem and MissyWQ are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Venice Forum "RE: Foresteria Di Palazzo Ducuale"
- Commented on Sarita76's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Snow snow snow - February 2005"
created their Personal Page "Snow snow snow - February 2005"
- Wrote a Review Tosca Amore Disperato in Rome Nightlife
- updated a Rome Travel Page "Rome the Eternal City"
PhotosSee All Photos (103)
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stuttgart Intro, 22 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alsace Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Sardegna Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tübingen Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Böblingen Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos