"England" England by barryg23
England Travel Guide: 69,928 reviews and 170,736 photos
England has been my home for over a year now, since I moved here in Sepember 2001. More specifically, I live in Oxford, a relatively small town in Oxfordshire, located about an hour North-West of London. Coming from Ireland, it didn't take long at all to adjust to the English way of life. England is a good country to live in and I feel very much at home here. While the Irish and the English haven't had a great relationship historically, I love living here and have met so many great persons.
London is most likely to be the first port of call for most visitors to England. It's is Europe largest city, with a very diverse population and many things to see. Many people spend their life living in London without ever seeing all the city - hopefully my VT London page will show you some of the good things London has to offer.
While London is a must-see city, and any visitor could spend a long time exploring it, don't forget to travel further afield too as there is plenty for the visitor to see in England.
Since my move to Oxford, I've tried to travel around England as much as possible. I've been to many of the major towns in the South & Midlands and have really enjoyed seeing them all.
I've made pages for most of the places visited and my top five
recommended English towns
(aside from London) would be:
Clearly, there is a Southern bias here. I do hope to visit more of the North soon!
- Pros:Real Ale, social scene, friendly people
- Cons:Rain, cost of living,
- In a nutshell:So much to see and much of it rarely seen
Manchester is one of England's most vibrant cities. The music scene alone here is excellent and many famous bands... more travel advice
As the countdown to war in Iraq begins, anti-war demonstrations are very common all over England. I took this photo back... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
England Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "England my England"
- "The Regal Lion"
- "My bit of the UK."
- "This England"
- "ENGLANDS GREEN GRANDURE"
- "Enticing England"
- "THERE IS ONLY ONE ENGLAND !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in England
- Hotels in England
- Transportation in England
- Nightlife in England
- Restaurants in England
- Shopping in England
- Warnings and Dangers in England
- See All...
Badges & Stats in England
- 498 Reviews
- 936 Photos
- 37 Forum posts
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to England?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in England
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue