"Bratislava" Bratislava by barryg23

Bratislava Travel Guide: 2,017 reviews and 4,549 photos

Before our trip to Slovakia we had read a lot of negative reports of Bratislava. We had spent most of the trip in eastern Slovakia so my first impression of Bratislava was that it was a world apart from the rest of the country. It seemed so much more western. And we immediately liked it. We stayed here for two days at the end of our trip and had a good time exploring the muesums, the castle and, of course, the many bars and cafes of the Slovak capital.

• Pros:Many interesting museums, good nightlife
  • Cons:Much more expensive than the rest of Slovakia
  • In a nutshell:Underrated city with beautiful old town district
  • Last visit to Bratislava: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2006

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I'll come to see your page with more time (will go in a few weeks, together with Trnava)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Hi Barry, how are you doing!?was headed 4 the latest with yr Jordan trip&ended up in Bratislava instead!wouldnt mind a visit-good pg here to get some inspiration-dont like the idea of those bed bugs tho-managed to miss them on all my travels so far!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Great tips and photos. After viewing your page, I hope someday to enjoy a Krusovice in Bratislava! Best from New Jersey, Bill

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 6:03 AM

I really enjoyed returning to Bratislava. I've been there three times and I always had great time and fun. Nice page. Thanks for dropping by my pages.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2006 at 2:35 PM

I am gald you followed my suggestion... great updates and interesting commentaries ...well done :o)

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in Bratislava

Have you been to Bratislava?

Latest Activity in Bratislava