"Slovakia's Oldest Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Trnava by barryg23
Trnava Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 167 photos
Trnava is a good place to escape the crowds in Bratislava. As the oldest town in the country there are plenty of historical sights to see. We had spent time in eastern Slovakia before coming to Trnava and the first thing that struck us about Tranva was how different it was to the east. The station and people at Trnava seemed much more "western" and the town was more commercial than anywhere else we had seen so far in Slovakia. In spite of this, it is still a quiet place compared to, say, Bratislava.
- Pros:Large number of interesting sights for a small town
- In a nutshell:Worthwhile day-trip form Bratislava
Hlavna is the main street of the town and it has plenty of bars and cafes, many of which we visited. Hlavna leads up to... more travel advice
When we were exploring the University area we came across this small memorial opposite the Church of John the Baptist.... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
Trnava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trnava the Slovak Rome"
- "Churches......lots of churches....."
- "Slovakia's Oldest Town"
- "Trnava - small church-town"
- "Trnava Page by Sisa"
- "Trnava - little Rome"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trnava
- Hotels in Trnava
- Transportation in Trnava
- Nightlife in Trnava
- Restaurants in Trnava
- Shopping in Trnava
- Warnings and Dangers in Trnava
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Trnava
- 19 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Trnava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trnava
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue