"Lubeck" Top 5 Page for this destination Lübeck by barryg23

Lübeck Travel Guide: 264 reviews and 668 photos

I spent Easter weekend in 2005 exploring Hamburg, Bremen and Lubeck. As we flew into Lubeck, we visited this city first and spent a great day exploring its old town and historic buildings. Many visitors who fly into Lubeck often skip this it in favour of Hamburg, but it's defintely well worth stopping by as you can quickly explore the town in one day and then catch a fast train to Hamburg.

• Pros:Beautiful Altstadt, impressive buildings and churches
  • In a nutshell:Elegant, refined German town
  • Last visit to Lübeck: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 2:31 PM

The Holstentor is very impressive, also love the architecture of the buildings in this town.

• hi5jnho's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2008 at 6:39 AM

Good news for travellers -- renovation of the railway station is now complete, and there are plenty of beautiful coin-operated lockers in the main station. It costs 4 Euros to lock up your case for the day.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 7:59 AM

Lubeck is a city from a fairy tail... I visited it in 2000 and going to refresh my impressions this year after Copenhagen. Thanks for tips and pics, Barry!

• hundwalder's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2006 at 6:29 AM

Excellent tips and photos. I regret not having left time to see Lubeck. Thanks for visiting my Slovakia pages.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 2:15 PM

Very atmospheric pictures! I will be visiting Lübeck next week but unfortunately for business, and I'll have no time to visit the old town. Talking about torture here!!!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 1:47 PM

Beautiful pictures of Lubeck Barry! I've been here some time ago and got curious about your page when I saw you were working on it. I'll be back when you've finished writing! :-))

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in Lübeck