"Eger" Eger by barryg23
Eger Travel Guide: 174 reviews and 460 photos
Eger is a beautiful town in the wine-growing region of north-east Hungary. After the crowd of tourists in Budapest, Eger felt much more relaxed, though it is a very popular destination, especially with Hungarian tourists. What initially attracted us here was reading about the famous Valley of the Beautiful Women, though after visiting here, I think it's the town itself that is the big attraction. We didn't realize just how nice a place it was - there are a host of impressive buildings and interesting sights in the town and you could easily spend a lot of time taking it easy and exploring here.
We had a nice lunch in Eger at a restaurant in the Offi-Haz hotel to the east of the main square. Service was good, the... more travel advice
The Valley of the Beautiful Women, with its numerous wine cellars, is a popular destination for visitors to Eger. The... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
Eger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To Eger"
- "Eger - I was delighted"
- "Eastward Ho! Reliving Past Glories"
- "Ben-UK's Eger page"
- "Land of Wine, Women and Song"
- "Little Eger"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eger
- Hotels in Eger
- Transportation in Eger
- Nightlife in Eger
- Restaurants in Eger
- Shopping in Eger
- Warnings and Dangers in Eger
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eger
- 11 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Eger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eger
Photos in EgerSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue