"Hampstead" Top 5 Page for this destination Hampstead by barryg23

Hampstead Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 194 photos

Hampstead is a beautiful area in North London with a decidedly different, more relaxing feel to the rest of the city. Originally a village outside of London, it developed into a spa town in the 18th century and later became another district in London as the city grew.

Hampstead still has a village-like charm, especially in the quieter streets and corners away from the main street. The biggest attraction is Hampstead Heath, a vast parkland of more than 800 acres on the doorstep of the village. This is one of the largest green spaces in in London and it's a great place for walking and hiking.

• Pros:Hampstead Heath
  • Cons:It's too expensive to live here
  • In a nutshell:My favourite area of London
  • Last visit to Hampstead: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2007

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Thanks for all the great info. Looking at staying here when come over next year...Hampstead looks lovely...cheers

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Ah, I get homesick for North London :)

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2007 at 12:47 PM

I love that crepe stand and I think we ordered the exact same crepes you did :-) It's a lovely spot in London even if we did get lost on the Heath!

• Jan 22, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Hi Barry, excellent Hampstead page! I was here recently.. it's one of my favourite parts of London.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 8:16 AM

I still haven't been to Hampstead Heath! I shall rectify that soon and perhaps have a drink at the Holly Bush too : )

• Sharon's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2005 at 12:45 AM

Beautiful Photo, i guess its in the Heath... ? ahh... i miss hampstead...

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in Hampstead

Have you been to Hampstead?

Latest Activity in Hampstead