Wimbledon Favorite Tips by barryg23
Wimbledon Favorites: 6 reviews and 6 photos
The never ending queue for Wimbeldon tickets
Favorite thing: There is a public ballot for tickets every year and you usually need to get the entry form in early for inclusion in the ballot. Usually this is by the December preceding the tournament but you should check the Wimbledon website for the official date.
I've heard that your chances of getting tickets through this are 1-in-5 for UK residents though I've got tickets every time I applied so someone out there likes me. In 2005 I was lucky enough to get tickets for the final through this ballot. I believe the chances of getting tickets through the ballot are not so high if you live outside UK bu it's worth a shot.
If you don't get tickets this way you can always queue up on the day of play. With queuing if you want show court tickets you'll need to queue up and camp the night before, though if you are happy enough with ground passes, queuing from 7 or 8 am in the morning should be ok. If queuing I would advise you to go in the first week as there is more chance of seeing the big names on the outside courts.
I've only queued once for the tournament, on the middle Saturday in 2006. We joined the queue at 6 am and we were in the grounds by 10 but we were nowhere near to getting showcourt tickets.
Roger Federer with the trophy
Fondest memory: I've been lucky enough to attend the Wimbledon tennis champonships three times, and without a doubt the most memorable of these visits was for the men's singles finals in 2005. Such was the demand for tickets, we could have sold our tickets on ebay for a couple of thousand pounds but I wasn't even tempted. I've been a huge tennis fan for years so it was great to experience the atmophere finals day in the worlds most famous tournament. The final, between Roger Federer and Andy Roddick, was nowhere as close as I hoped and was over all too quickly. Federer was simply amazing, he played at the top of his game for most of this match so Roddick didn't really have a chance.
More Reviews (1)
barryg23's Related Pages
Wimbledon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wimbledon - Home of The Championships"
- "Home to the famous Lawn Tennis Grand Slam"
- "Wimbledon Tennis - page under construction"
- "Wimbledon Tennis"
- "Our Home Town"
- "Wimbledon Championships 2004-2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wimbledon
- Hotels in Wimbledon
- Transportation in Wimbledon
- Nightlife in Wimbledon
- Restaurants in Wimbledon
- Shopping in Wimbledon
- Warnings and Dangers in Wimbledon
- See All...
Explore the World
- West Onslow Beach Hotels
- Mississauga Hotels
- Dunes City Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- North America
- Hong Kong
- Kadugannawa Hotels
- Kalawewa Hotels
- Krabi Hotels
- Bukit Fraser Hotels
- Playa de Ponce Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
- Eureka Springs Hotels
Badges & Stats in Wimbledon
- 3 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Wimbledon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wimbledon
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Best of The 00's. Your picks."
- Commented on one of jo104's Wimbledon travel pages
- Wrote a Review How to get Tickets for Wimbledon in Wimbledon Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "How to get Tickets for Wimbledon"
- updated a Wimbledon Travel Page "Wimbledon Championships 2004-2006"
Photos in WimbledonSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue