Wimbledon Favorite Tips by barryg23

Wimbledon Favorites: 6 reviews and 6 photos

The never ending queue for Wimbeldon tickets - Wimbledon

The never ending queue for Wimbeldon tickets

How to get Tickets for Wimbledon

Favorite thing: There is a public ballot for tickets every year and you usually need to get the entry form in early for inclusion in the ballot. Usually this is by the December preceding the tournament but you should check the Wimbledon website for the official date.

I've heard that your chances of getting tickets through this are 1-in-5 for UK residents though I've got tickets every time I applied so someone out there likes me. In 2005 I was lucky enough to get tickets for the final through this ballot. I believe the chances of getting tickets through the ballot are not so high if you live outside UK bu it's worth a shot.

If you don't get tickets this way you can always queue up on the day of play. With queuing if you want show court tickets you'll need to queue up and camp the night before, though if you are happy enough with ground passes, queuing from 7 or 8 am in the morning should be ok. If queuing I would advise you to go in the first week as there is more chance of seeing the big names on the outside courts.

I've only queued once for the tournament, on the middle Saturday in 2006. We joined the queue at 6 am and we were in the grounds by 10 but we were nowhere near to getting showcourt tickets.

• Written Sep 23, 2006
Roger Federer with the trophy - Wimbledon

Roger Federer with the trophy

Wimbledon Men's Final 2005

Fondest memory: I've been lucky enough to attend the Wimbledon tennis champonships three times, and without a doubt the most memorable of these visits was for the men's singles finals in 2005. Such was the demand for tickets, we could have sold our tickets on ebay for a couple of thousand pounds but I wasn't even tempted. I've been a huge tennis fan for years so it was great to experience the atmophere finals day in the worlds most famous tournament. The final, between Roger Federer and Andy Roddick, was nowhere as close as I hoped and was over all too quickly. Federer was simply amazing, he played at the top of his game for most of this match so Roddick didn't really have a chance.

• Written Sep 28, 2005

barryg23 Visits Here Frequently!

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in Wimbledon

Have you been to Wimbledon?