"The Old Capital of the North" Top 5 Page for this destination York by barryg23

York Travel Guide: 1,637 reviews and 4,012 photos

• Pros:Well preserved historical sights, great pubs
  • Cons:The weather!
  • In a nutshell:The finest city in the North of England
  • Last visit to York: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I learned a bit about some of these famous monuments from the history channel on TV. Quite a place to be there and savor the actual culture and traditions. Nice job.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 5:04 PM

I found your page searching how to go from London to York and felt attracted by the whole page. It is really interesting and helpful, with a lot of pics. Thanks for sharing.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 1:44 AM

Hi again, thanks for visiting and rating my Zagora page, yr raining again York page with lots of info and pics is excellent, we were there for too short a visit in 1999!and was closed so no famous Minster windows visit. Thanx!

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2007 at 9:32 AM

Nice page. Hoping to visit this summer!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2007 at 8:02 PM

I couldn't get the L19 fare for this trip but still L22.30 isn't that bad. Going back to see everything I didn't see on the first visit!

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM

are you trying to tell me you visited York and dint come to the Meet of The Century????

• kitkat1980's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2006 at 3:48 AM

Some nice pages - I have visited the place many times and didnt know alot of what you have told me!

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 8:42 AM

Thanks for a lovely page Barry - I have yet to venture into this city, look forward to it! :)

• InterCity_Luton_Dave's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2006 at 2:51 AM

Loved your page barry.Very good photos. My wife and i visited york in 1995,but alas the photos that i took are all on camcorder.Never mind we still love at our film good memorys.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 9:22 PM

Good photos and excellent pub tips. Helpful - I'll be in York next month - hope I have better weather than you did!

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in York