Ronda Things to Do Tips by barryg23 Top 5 Page for this destination
Ronda Things to Do: 256 reviews and 516 photos
Seats in the Bullring
The Bullring in Ronda, built in 1781, is one of the oldest in Spain. The bull fighting season starts in September. When bullfighting is not taking place the ring is open to visitors. It costs 5 Euro to enter and you can see the ring itself, as well as a museum devoted to bullfighting.
The Puenta Nueva (new bridge) is one of Ronda's most impressive sights. Spanning the deep river gorge which divides the town, this bridge, has, since the 18th Century, connected the Mercadillo, the new town, to the old Moorish town.
Mondragon Palace Gardens
After exploring the Mondragon Palace, be sure to visit the gardens. The views of Ronda are spectacular while the gardens are very relaxing. You can buy the art works which are on display in one of the gardens.
Staircase in Mondragon Palace
The Mondragon Palace is home to the municipal museum. The building is well worth seeing, perhaps even more than the museum.
Address: Calle Montero
Casa Don Bosco views
Not only does Casa Don Bosco have a beautiful garden, it also has fantastic views of Ronda and of the valley below.
Most of the sigths in Ronda are in the old town but there a few places worth visiting in the Mercadillo district. Plaza del Socorro may be one of the more touristy parts of Ronda with many shops, restaurants and bars, but it also has a nice fountain in its centre while the main building on the square is the Socorro Church.
In the garden of Casa Don Bosco
The Casa Don Bosco is a beautiful mansion in the old town, built in a spectacular location at the edge of the mountain, with lovely views across the valleys below to the mountains in the distance. The house receives plenty of visitors. While the interior is interesting it's the gardens that are the big draw.
In the Jardines de Cuenca
These nice gardens offer many lovely views of Ronda.
On one side there is the famous Puenta Nuevo as well as a good view down the gorge below. In the other direction you can see the walls along the east side of the town, the Puenta Viejo, which is the oldest of the town's three bridges and the Casa del Rey Moro.
The gardens are in the Mercadillo area of Ronda. From Plaza del Socorro walk about 300 metres down Los Remedios and look out for signs for the gardens, which are on the right.
Directions: Mercadillo area , near the Padre Jesus church.
Puenta Nueva is the bridge that every visitor to Ronda sees but there are two other, older, bridges which connect the town.
Puente Viejo is the oldest of these. Built in 1616, it crosses the river near the Puerta de Filipe V.
Below the Puente Viejo is the Puente San Miguel, which is beside the Arab Baths.
Arco del Cristo
A path from the old town winds downhill as far as the ruins of Arco del Cristo, one of the nicest spots in Ronda. The views from here are fantastic. It's probably the best place to take in the view of the Puenta Nuevo, though it's much better if you visit in the afternoon or evening when the sun is behind you. In the other direction the views across the valley to the mountains in the distance is equally spectacular.
More Reviews (19)
- See All The Moorish Town Walls
- See All The White Houses of Ronda
- See All Gourmet Shopping in Ronda
- Granada to Ronda
barryg23's Related Pages
Ronda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridge over the River Guadalevin"
- "Ronda - Pearl of the Andalusian mountains"
- "Ronda - Spain's amazing gem!"
- "One of the most Beautiful towns in Andalucia"
- "ROMANTIC RONDA"
- "Ronda - Home For A Week, May 04 - Flowers!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ronda
- Hotels in Ronda
- Transportation in Ronda
- Nightlife in Ronda
- Restaurants in Ronda
- Shopping in Ronda
- Warnings and Dangers in Ronda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bacacay Hotels
- Pointe-Calumet Hotels
- Oceanside Hotels
- Loni Kalbhor Hotels
- Zakarpats'ka Oblast'
- Addis Ababa
Badges & Stats in Ronda
- 37 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Ronda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ronda
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Best of The 00's. Your picks."
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Ronda travel pages
- updated a Ronda Travel Page "Bridge over the River Guadalevin"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bridge over the River Guadalevin"
- Wrote a Review The Moorish Town Walls in Ronda Off The Beaten Path
Photos in RondaSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Ronda hotel reviews
- Don Miguel
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Hostal Ronda Sol
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Morales Hotel Ronda
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- Enfrente Arte Hotel Ronda
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- La Fuente De La Higuera
- 236 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Alavera de los Banos
- 183 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Royal Hotel Ronda
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2013
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- 361 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Molino del Puente Ronda
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013