"Sufetula" Sbeitla by barryg23
Sbeitla Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 65 photos
Sbeitla is a small town which would not warrant a visit were it not for it's Roman Ruins. This area was known as Sufetula in Roman times, and the name is now used to describe the site of the ruins, which are all in one site, about 1km north of the town. We missed the initial turn off on the way on to Sbeitla so we ended up driving around the west side of the town and back into the centre. A group of boys who were sitting on soem steps pointed the way we should be going without us having to ask. Who says Tunisians are not helpful to tourists? We knew we were there when we saw the impressive Roman arch.
Much of Sufetula was built after Rome had converted to Christianity so there are numerous churches and Christian ruins... more travel advice
The Roman baths were among the best Roman bath houses i've seen, mainly because of the still intact mosaic floors. more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
Sbeitla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sufetula Ruins."
- "An excursion to Sbeitla"
- "along the roman road : Sbeitla aka Sufetula"
- "Sbeitla, Sufetula. Roman legacy"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sbeitla
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Sbeitla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sbeitla
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue