"Tunisia's Lively Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Tunis by barryg23
Tunis Travel Guide: 339 reviews and 1,101 photos
Tunis feels very different to the rest of Tunisia.
When we arrived in the Ville Nouvelle my first impression was that Tunis was like a French town. The taxi dropped us off at Avenue Bourguiba, a long, tree-lined Avenue with many cafes, restaurants and hotels and even a huge cathedral. This wasn't quite what I was expecting from Tunisia!
Place 7 Novembre is a busy roundabout connecting the two biggest streets in the Ville Nouvelle, Avenue Bourguiba and... more travel advice
Beyond the rue de la Kasbah and Souk el Bey the medina opens out onto a large square called Place du Gouvernement. This... more travel advice
- See All Monoprix
- See All Trams
- Muslim Customs
- Taxis from the airport
barryg23's Related Pages
Tunis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tunisia's Lively Capital"
- "Tunis 2005"
- "Tunis in Tunisia"
- "Tunis, Capital of Tunisia"
- "Get to this heaven!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunis
- Hotels in Tunis
- Transportation in Tunis
- Nightlife in Tunis
- Restaurants in Tunis
- Shopping in Tunis
- Warnings and Dangers in Tunis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunis
- 25 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Tunis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunis
Photos in TunisSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue