"Home of the Famous Kasbah" Top 5 Page for this destination Ait Ben Haddou by barryg23

Ait Ben Haddou Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 365 photos

In the Valley of a Thousand Kasbah’s, there in one in particular which stands out above all others - the Kasbah in Ait BenHaddou. The Kasbah has featured in countless movies and a whole new village has grown up around here to cater to the many daily visitors who come to see this beautiful structure. It’s an atmospheric place and the Kasbah looks beautiful particularly at sunrise or sunset.

• Pros:Beautiful Kasbah, great scenery
  • Cons:Too many tourists, not enough nightlife
  • In a nutshell:One of Morocco's must-see towns
  • Last visit to Ait Ben Haddou: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 15, 2007

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Weldone Barry - nice pictures of a fortified city. Greetz

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Your opening photo looks like a giant sand castle until you spot the people :-) Not you've made me want to go to Morocco more than ever!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 11:52 AM

I'm enjoying exploring Morocco with you :) Not only are your tips very interesting but your photos are so atmospheric. But "Dusk over the Hill" is so good it shouldn't be hidden away as a 2nd photo!!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2007 at 8:06 PM

We almost went to the same places (just one month apart), and thanks for your comments on my Merzouga page, a pity that the hotel was fully booked!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 3:03 AM

An interesting looking village, set in an interesting looking landscape, Barry. I'd have thought well and truly OTBP, but then find all the links with films! Another well done and very enjoyable page.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Looks spectacular!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Barry, lovely page of Ait Ben Haddou. Seeing your pictures I am sure if we stayed in the same Auberge or not.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 12:47 AM

Ait Ben Haddou and the landscape looks really beautiful, and one day when I visit Marocco it is on my list of places to visit. Great photos and tips!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM

What an interesting and exotic place... Thanks Barry for virtual travel! Tomorrow Africa won't be such exotic for me as this evening. I'm going to visit my first African country - Egypet...

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in Ait Ben Haddou

Have you been to Ait Ben Haddou?

Latest Activity in Ait Ben Haddou