"Asni - A small village on route to the High Atlas" Asni by barryg23
Asni Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Many visitors to Asni are hikers on route to Jebel Toubkal and the High Atlas as it’s the first major village between Marrakech and the mountains. A small tourist industry has developed to cater to these many tourists and you’ll find a relatively large number of restaurants and hotels here. It can be a good place to stock up on supplies for a hike in the mountains (though Imlil is equally good). It is possible to go direct to Imlil from Marrakech by Grand Taxi but if you take the bus you’ll only get as far as Asni. It’s fairly easy to organise a lift on from here but if you’re not in a hurry have a quick wander and take in the views of the mountains.
- Pros:Nice views of High Atlas mountains, plenty of shops to buy picnic supplies
- Cons:No banks. Irregular transport to Imlil. Not a great selection of cafes and restaurants
- In a nutshell:Getting closer to Toubkal!
Asni is only 17 km from Imlil and hence has some lovely views of the High Atlas mountains. We were planning to hike up... more travel advice
After arriving from Marrakech, we had a quick lunch in Asni before searching for a lift to Imlil. There is a better... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
Asni Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Asni - A small village on route to the High Atlas"
- "Kasbah Tamadot - ahhh!!!!"
- "One hour from Marrakech up on the Atlas mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asni
- Transportation in Asni
- Restaurants in Asni
- Warnings and Dangers in Asni
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asni
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Asni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asni
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue