"Azrou" Azrou by barryg23

Azrou Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 49 photos

Azrou is a small town in the Middle Atlas region of Morocco. It's located on the main N13 road between Meknes and Er-Rachidia and is a popular stopping point for anyone making the journey along this route through the Middle Atlas

We had planned to stop in Azrou for lunch and then drive on further south to Midelt. However, as we were late arriving in Azrou and as we immediately liked the town we decided to stay here for longer.

• Pros:Few tourists, nice scenery in surrounding forests
  • Cons:Not much nightlife
  • In a nutshell:Good place to break the long journey south
  • Last visit to Azrou: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2007

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 1:44 AM

hi Barry Ive enjoyed your page and my reminisce of Azrou! One visit I haggled on my own and got a carpet for 200 dirham - was rather pleased with that!and the patisserie breakfast for coffee and pancake things!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 11:32 AM

a Berber-market is always interesting, although maybe a bit muddy after a rainfall...

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2007 at 4:46 AM

Very interesting - I've enjoyed getting to know about a less well-known part of the country

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2007 at 6:15 AM

A great view at Azrou on your intro! I guess you should climb up a hill to catch this pic! Thanks Barry for a virtual travel. I suppose berber's way of living is very interesting...

• jo104's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Nice to be in a less touristy area

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in Azrou