"Hot Springs of Salto" Salto by barryg23
Salto Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 20 photos
Few visitors to Uruguay travel beyond the south coast, so for our last trip in the country, we left Montevideo behind and ventured into the north.
Our destination was Salto, in the northwest of the country, a relatively large town on the Rio Uruguay, which divides Argentina from Uruguay. Salto is famous for its hot springs, so we spent two days in the waters taking it easy and relaxing ahead of our upcoming 11 months of travel!
Other than the springs, there wasn't so much to see or do around Salto, but that was part of its charm. Travelling too often is about rushing around and ticking off the tourist attractions, but it can be just as rewarding to take things slowly and discover lesser known places. Salto rounded off our two weeks in Uruguay, and it was a great place to end a fantastic fortnight.
- Pros:The hot springs!
- Cons:Not much else to see beyond the springs
- In a nutshell:A worthwhile stop for any backpacker!
Argentina is famous for its meat, especially its huge, delicious steaks, and while travelling through that country over... more travel advice
There's very little information on Salto in any guidebook we could find, and even Lonely Planet's "South America on a... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Salto
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Salto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salto
Photos in SaltoSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue