Paris Things to Do Tips by barryg23
Paris Things to Do: 8,656 reviews and 17,210 photos
Au Marche de la Butte
Les Champs Elysees
As dusk falls, the Champs Elysees is ablaze with light from the constant traffic - white lights on the left, red on the right and the glow of streetlights on both sides - it's spectacular.
Arc de Triomphe
Twelve of Paris's busiest avenues converge on one place - Etoile (French for star) - where the lovely Arc de Triomphe is found. There are great views of all the avenues and of Paris from the top of the Arc.
See some of modern Paris in the west of the city. La Defense is feull of modern sky-scrapers and large office blocks. It can be eerily quiet here at night and at weekends, and it's very different to one's traditional idea of Paris.
One of Paris's most recognizeable monuments is the Sacre-Coeur in Montmartre. As it's built on a hill, you can see it from many parts of Paris.
An architectural masterpiece, Notre-Dame is one of Paris's oldest and most famous buildings. It's on Isle de la Cite, the island from where Paris grew into the city it is today.
Address: Place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Directions: Ile de la Cite
Maybe you've heard of it:)
When first built (in 1899 by Gustave Eiffel), it was considered an eyesore by many Parisiens - nowadays it has become a symbol of the city.
Jim Morrisson's grave
More than 30 years after his death, Jim Morrisson's popularity continues. His grave, at Pere Lachaise Cemeterie, is a popular pilgrimage spot for fans of The Doors. Pere Lachaise is also home to Edith Piaf, Oscar Wilde, Chopin, and many more..
Address: Cemeterie Pere Lachaise
Directions: 12th Arrondissement
Me in the Picasso museum
In the picture on the left you can see a rather grotesque figure with arms, body-features and everything else all out of shape.
Also in the picture is a famous painting by Picasso...
Beneath the Arc De Triomphe lies the tomb of an unknown French soldier from World War One. The eternal flame is a memorial to all the dead from this war.
More Reviews (87)
- See All Parisien Street Signs
- See All RER
- See All Cafe Oz
- See All Romanian food in Paris
- See All Viaduc des Arts
- Bowling on Rue Mouffetard
barryg23's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
- Beaumont Hotels
- Kampung Seberang Takir Hotels
- Kertosono Hotels
- Tuscany Hotels
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 105 Reviews
- 171 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 101 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (171)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Exclusive Hotel Jardin Le Brea
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Chateau Frontenac
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hotel De Belfort
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- La Tremoille
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Tour D'Auvergne Hotel
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Mac Mahon Paris Hotel
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Favart Hotel Paris
- 267 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Altona Hotel Paris
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Delambre
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Le Walt Hotel Paris
- 268 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Abricotel Hotel Paris
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Madeleine Haussmann
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Mercure Paris Place Italie
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Louvre Richelieu Hotel Paris
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Grand Hotel Lafayette Buffault
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2011
- Eiffel Tower- 806 Reviews, 1395 Photos
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 573 Reviews, 1003 Photos
- Louvre- 768 Reviews, 1483 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 629 Reviews, 1258 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 431 Reviews, 738 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 266 Reviews, 527 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 81 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Champs Elysées- 173 Reviews, 280 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 142 Reviews, 338 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 159 Reviews, 293 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do