Paris Hotel Tips by barryg23

Paris Hotels: 265,833 reviews and 2,100 photos

Hotel de L'Esperance - Paris

Hotel de L'Esperance

Hotel de l'Esperance: Good value hotel near Rue Mouffetard Hotel de l'Esperance Review

Hotel de l'Esperance is one of the better hotels I've stayed in while visiting Paris. We stayed here for four nights over New Year's Eve 2004 and again for New Year's 2005. It's in a good location in the 5th arrondissement, very near Rue Mouffetard, and not far from the Latin Quarter and Montparnasse. The Mouffetard area is one of the hidden gems of Paris and once you discover it you'll keep coming back to see more.

The lady in charge of the place is quite a character and the rest of the staff were very friendly. The rooms were very warm and had shower or bath, as well as a television showing plenty of channels. Most were French though we also had BBC and CNN. Our room was smaller the second time we stayed here though it was still fine. Price for a double with bath is 86 Euro while a double with shower is 78 Euro.

Address: 15 rue Pascal, Paris, Île-de-France 75005

Comparison: about average

Phone: 01 47 07 10 99

Price: US$80-120

Website: http://www.hoteldelesperance.fr/

Hotel Carladez Cambronne - Paris

Hotel Carladez Cambronne

Hotel Carladez Cambronne: Vaugirard Carladez Cambronne Review

Hotel Carladez is well off the beaten path in an area of Paris not seen by too many visitors. We stayed at this hotel for five nights on our trip to Paris over New Year's Eve in 2003. It cost 72 Euro a night for a double room and breakfast was 7 Euro extra. We had an ensuite room with TV and, most importantly, good central heating as Paris was very cold over those 6 days.

Not many tourists stay out in this area so it felt like a proper Paris neighbourhood. There were a couple of nice cafes on the square and restaurants, supermarkets and bakeries on nearby Rue Lecourbe. While the area was quite nice, it was also a fair distance into the more known areas of paris so we needed to use public transport quite frequently. We had to walk back on New Years Eve as the trains were full and it took quite a long time to get back from the Champs Elysees.

Address: 3 Place du General Beuret, 75015 Paris, Île-de-France

Directions: Nearest Metro: Vaugirard on line 12

Price: US$40-80

Website: http://www.hotelcarladez.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

Hotel Carofftel Gobelins: Gobelins Carofftel Gobelins Review

I had arrived in Paris one day before my girlfriend in Dec 2004 so I needed a place to stay for the night. Hotel Carofftel Gobelins was just around the corner from the hotel we had booked for the rest of our visit, Hotel de L'Esperance, it was reasonably good value (61 Euro for a single) and it was in a great location, very near Rue Mouffetard and the Latin Quarter. Best of all, if you stay here you get vouchers for a free kir with every meal at nearby Au Bon Coin, (see my restaurant tips), a really nice, great-value restaurant which we would never have found otherwise.

Address: 18 Avenue des Gobelins 75005 Paris

Comparison: about average

Other Contact: hotcarof@club-internet.fr

Phone: +33 (0)1 42 174747

Price: US$40-80

Website: http://www.hotelcarofftelgobelins.com

Hotel Lamarck-Caulaincourt: Nice hotel in Montmartre

Hotel Lamarck-Caulaincourt is a good value hotel in one of the nicest areas of Paris. I stayed here back in the summer of 2000 for one night before starting an interrail trip around France, and again on returning to Paris three weeks later.

The surrounding area is full of character. Winding streets, elegant staircases, lovely cafes and bars - this is the romantic Montmartre that often gets lost amidst Place du Tertre, Sacre Coeur and Pigalle.

Address: Rue Marcadet

Directions: Very close to Lamarck metro stop

Hotel Aquarelle - Paris

Hotel Aquarelle

Aquarelle: Budget Accomodation Hotel Aquarelle Review

I stayed in Aquarelle during my visit to Paris with my brother in Sept 2001. We booked this hotel online and I remember we got a much reduced price from what was written on the wall at reception. It's a basic budget hotel but the area is very safe and there is an excellent breakfast. It's in a good location, near the Marais and Bastille.

Address: Boulevard du Temple

Directions: Near Place de la Republique

Rue Daguerre - Paris

Rue Daguerre

Misc: Rue Daguerre

Back when I was a student, I stayed in various budget accomodations around Rue Daguerre and while none of them was luxurious, the prices were good and the area was safe.

Address: Rue Daguerre

Directions: Montparnasse - nearest metro is Denfert Rochereau

• Updated Jan 8, 2006

barryg23 Visits Here Frequently!

barryg23

“Back from my year in Latin America. Quite a few VT pages to write!”

Badges & Stats in Paris

Have you been to Paris?

Latest Activity in Paris

Visiting Paris?
Read real reviews about Paris Hotels!

Top 10 Paris Things to Do