"Parana" Paraná by barryg23
Paraná Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 61 photos
After we left Uruguay our original plan was to spend a few days on the Argentinian side of the River Uruguay, at Concordia and Colon, before heading north to Iguazu Falls. However, the area was hit by heavy thunderstorms for a few days so we abandoned that plan and travelled further inland to Parana.
Parana is a medium sized town of about 250,000 people and takes its name from the River Parana, on which it lies, the longest river in Argentina. I don´t think Parana is one of Argentina´s most popular tourist destinations, but we very much enjoyed our three nights here. In summer, with its good riverside location, Parana would be especially well worth visiting.
- Pros:Riverside location, some interesting museums
- Cons:Not a huge amount to do here
- In a nutshell:A worthwhile stop on the route to Iguaza Falls
After leaving Parana, we moved onto Puerto Iguazu by bus, a trip of 14 hours on our first overnight bus in Argentina.... more travel advice
The riverfront in Parana is a good place for a stroll, or even a jog if you feel the need. We saw more joggers here in... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
Paraná Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paraná, my Hometown"
- "A day trip over the border"
- "The heart of the Paraná River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paraná
- Hotels in Paraná
- Transportation in Paraná
- Restaurants in Paraná
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paraná
- 11 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Paraná?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paraná
Photos in ParanáSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue