"First view of the Andes" Top 5 Page for this destination Salta by barryg23
Salta Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 449 photos
Salta is a lovely, old colonial city in north-west Argentina. It´s a great base for exploring the beautiful scenery in the surrounding countryside. though there are many well worth seeing sights in the town itself, including Cerro San Bernardo, Plaza 9 de Julio, the huge main square, and a number of fascinating museums.
Close to the the city, in Salta province, are towns like San Antonio de Cobres, destination of the famous Tren a lus Nubes (Train to the Clouds) and scenic villages such as Cachi and Molinos.
We spent about 10 days in and around Salta, and by the end we had fallen for the city, having become acquainted with its best cafes, restaurants and English language bookshops - not to mention the many fine churches and museums. It's a city deinitely worth seeing and make sure you allow plenty of time for a visit as you won't want to leave.
- Pros:Near the Andes, beautiful churches, nice squares, fine weather
- Cons:The bus journey to get here
- In a nutshell:A great base for exploring north-west Argentina
Barney Gomez is an interesting bar in Salta, with a slight Simpsons theme. It's named after Barney Gumble from the... more travel advice
In a city with many beautiful churches, one, in particular, stood out: Iglesia San Francisco. It´s striking plum... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
Salta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salta, la linda"
- "First view of the Andes"
- "Salta La Linda"
- "Salta, Argentina: Inca Empire stopped here"
- "Salta, north-west Argentina"
- "Salta "La Linda""
- "Salta - la Linda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salta
- Hotels in Salta
- Transportation in Salta
- Nightlife in Salta
- Restaurants in Salta
- Shopping in Salta
- Warnings and Dangers in Salta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salta
- 16 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Salta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salta
Photos in SaltaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue