"Tucuman - the perfect place for siesta" San Miguel de Tucumán by barryg23
San Miguel de Tucumán Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 112 photos
We spent a day in San Migual de Tucuman (or Tucuman as practically every one calls it) between arriving from Tafi on the bus and taking another overnight bus to Cordoba. We arrived at midday, bought our tickets for Cordoba, leaving at midnight, dumped our bags in left luggage and spend a day exploring the town.
The plan at least was to explore the town, but it was far too hot to do anything other than sit in the shade. Our afternoon consisted of moving from cafe to leafy main sqaure to the huge park near the station. Not until the evening when the temperatures dropped were we able to do anything more.
Tucuman is a large city, the biggest in the north-west, but it's not a big tourist destination. Having said that, there are plenty of interesting buildings in the city centre and many good cafes and restaurants. However, if you're looking for a city as a base for exploring the region I think Salta is a better option.
- Pros:Nice park near the station, few tourists
- Cons:Too hot here to do anything but relax
- In a nutshell:Largest town in northwest but not an essential stop
There is a useful overnight bus between Tucuman and Cordoba which leaves at midnight and arrives at 7.30am in Cordoba.... more travel advice
There's not a big choice on the menu in El Portal, but what they do offer is very tasty and very good value. It was very... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
San Miguel de Tucumán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina"
- "Tucuman - the perfect place for siesta"
- "San Miguel de Tucumán"
- " San Miguel de Tucumán "
- "NW Argentina, LOVE IT!!"
- "Fun in Tucuman"
- "Tucuman...history...or tango?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Hotels in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Transportation in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Nightlife in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Restaurants in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Warnings and Dangers in San Miguel de Tucumán
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Miguel de Tucumán
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to San Miguel de Tucumán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel de Tucumán
Photos in San Miguel de TucumánSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue