"Khoo-Khooy" San Salvador de Jujuy by barryg23
San Salvador de Jujuy Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 66 photos
The big attraction in the far north west of Argentina is the Quebrada de Humahuaca, a beautiful area between Jujuy city and the Bolivian border. Jujuy city is the gateway town to this Quebrada, and is a lively, busy city, all the more appealing in that few tourists stay here longer than the time it takes to change buses in the terminal.
We arrived in Jujuy from Salta and spent one afternoon and night here before moving on to the Quebrada. We found a cheap hotel near the station and visited a couple of museums, the main square and one or two cafes during our short stay in the city. Jujuy doesn't have so many attractions as Salta but if you have the time to spare it's well worth a day or two.
- Pros:Access to Quebrada de Humahuaca
- Cons:It´s too hot here!
- In a nutshell:A nice town that's impossible to pronounce correctly
We travelled to Jujuy from Salta with Flecha Bus, just one of a number of companies travelling this route. It cost 14... more travel advice
The Archaeological Museum was the only museum we could find in Jujuy not observing the afternoon fiesta so we popped in... more travel advice
barryg23's Related Pages
San Salvador de Jujuy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jujuy - northern Argentina"
- "Jujuy: last town before the northern Indian region"
- "Pietro_4wd's new Argentina page"
- "Above all, the Thermas - Surtout, les thermes"
- "In transit to Quebrada de Humahuaca"
- "City of San Salvador de Jujuy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Hotels in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Transportation in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Nightlife in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Restaurants in San Salvador de Jujuy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Salvador de Jujuy
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to San Salvador de Jujuy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Salvador de Jujuy
Photos in San Salvador de JujuySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 105 reviews, 171 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 111 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 74 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 74 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 54 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 51 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 47 reviews, 95 photos
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue