"READING" Reading by Imbi
Reading Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 386 photos
Reading is in the Thames Valley about halfway between London and Oxford. It grew near the meeting place of the Rivers Thames and the Kennet which were the main transport routes through the ancient woodland which covered most of Southern England.
The town of Reading appears in the Domesday Book, and is almost certainly more than 900 years old. The name derives from the old Saxon 'Readingas' (rey-ad-ing-as), or the 'people of Reada', Reada being the name of a local Saxon leader. One of the most striking historical sites is the vitrified remains of Reading Abbey, burned under the reign of Henry VIII.
The Oracle Centre is Reading's newset shopping mall opened on the 23rd of September 1999. The centre development is now... more travel advice
It is one of the best in town. Street Jazz/Disco and Latin American classes. Classes available for ages 8 to 30. All... more travel advice
Imbi's Related Pages
Reading Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reading, Berkshire, England."
- "Reading..... also known as Reading :P"
- "Reading - Home is where the heart is"
- "Not In Anybody's Top 10 Places But....."
- "Reading the second millenium"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reading
- Hotels in Reading
- Transportation in Reading
- Nightlife in Reading
- Restaurants in Reading
- Shopping in Reading
- Warnings and Dangers in Reading
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reading
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Reading?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reading
Photos in ReadingSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 118 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 82 reviews, 85 photos
- Prague Intro, 79 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 54 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos