"PARIS IS FANTASTIC" Paris by Imbi

Paris Travel Guide: 22,628 reviews and 55,551 photos

It was great to be in Paris for few days. It was a quick trip for two days but it was not the first time I went to Paris. I have been to Paris three times but every time I go there I find new things and new places. I try to make this page informative but how long it will take me I am not sure. Usually it takes me long time to finish my travel pages. I hope it will finish it soon.
I was accompanied with my friend. We arrived at terminal three which used to be terminal nine and there were so many old signs were still there but unfortunately they were all in French. I remembered from my last experience to take Air France bus to city but there was no one to tell me where to go. I tried few people but they did not understand, what I was saying. I started believing that it was not my day and it proved that I was right. We just followed all the other passenger and ended up to train station. Up to that time I did not know that we could have taken train for city. after the struggle of one hour we managed to get to the stop of Air France bus but stupidly I bought the return ticket of that bus which proved to me expensive later on. People learn from their mistakes and did not do anything superstitious or irrational. I learnt from my mistake.

• Pros:Full of historical places
  • Cons:You need to walk alot
  • In a nutshell:Be there, you dont know what you have been missing out
  • Last visit to Paris: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 8, 2003

• Feb 5, 2008 at 4:21 AM

A friend and I visited this museum after having taken a cooking class at a nearby school. We cooked a Monet menu taken from his book of souvenirs. Then we walked to the museum. Lots of fun! The cooking class took place at A World in a Pan, in Paris.

• SummerSolstice06's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Hi, those are good off the beaten path tips.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2004 at 4:10 AM

It's difficult to give comments about Paris :-) I think it's better just to say WOW! :-)

• Joan40's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2004 at 2:17 PM

Hi Imbi, love your Paris pages went there 15 years ago, brought back some memories. Cheers

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2004 at 7:29 AM

What a beautiful and informative site. I love the photo of the clock in the Musee d'Orsay.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2004 at 9:58 AM

Well Imbi, after see this page I don’t need a guide to visit Paris. Well done. Merci

• mig7410's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2003 at 5:16 AM

I will try some of you suggestons.

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2003 at 10:57 AM

Imbi, i must say that this is one of your best pages. Well done.

• Gokcecicek's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 3:58 AM

How many days did it take for you to visit all the rooms of Musee du Louvre? I am amazed by your Paris pages. Bien fait et bon courage mon ami :)

• pili's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2003 at 5:38 AM

Wonderful page of Paris!! Excellent pictures and very accurate info!! Thanks for sharing.-

Imbi