"Karachi an Unpredictable city" Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi by Imbi
Karachi Travel Guide: 474 reviews and 1,011 photos
This metropolitan city of Karachi was until 1725 A.D. just a barren piece of land , washed on three sides by the blue waters of the Arabian Sea. A few fishermen lived in a small huts on the sunny creek. There was a pool of water on this barren piece of land which was known as Kalachi-jo-Kun. Kalachi was the name of fisherman whereas kun meant a deep kitch. Therefore, "Kalachi-jo-Kun" meant the deep ditch of Kalacahi, the fisherman.
"One day she will be the Queen of the East", said Charles Napier a hundred year ago about Karachi. It was then only a small village. Today Karachi bursts upon the visitor as a vast commercial and industrial centre, a sea of people teeming with human activity, its population having already exceeded nine million mark and still growing.
Governor House is another beautiful building in Karachi. Sindh province has its own governor who is the administrator of... more travel advice
The building of Karachi Metropolitan Corporation is one of the oldest in Karachi. The building is old and built well... more travel advice
- See All Go Aish Adventure Park
- See All Paan shop
- No revealing stuff
- Night life
Imbi's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 37 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 63 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 118 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 82 reviews, 85 photos
- Prague Intro, 79 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 53 reviews, 54 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos