"Langkawi" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi by Imbi

Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,376 reviews and 3,180 photos

Trip to Langkawi Island was one of me my best waited holiday. Usually I don’t take long after making my mind to go some where but I waited three months before I jetted off there. It was worth waiting; Island is beautiful and appeals a visit if you are in Malaysia.

There are so many holiday resorts in Langkawi Island. Most of them are very reasonable. We stayed in Berjaya Holiday Resort and it was very impressive. As you want to move out and about you will surely need a car. Hiring a taxi could be expensive. Hiring a car is usually RM 120 for a decent automatic car like proton. Hiring a taxi could be around RM 20-30 each way. The whole Langkawi Island is mainly on one main round like orbital road which is around 100 miles. This orbital road stays deserted and hardly any traffic there just few motor bikes. You could also hire a bike for around RM40, but I won’t recommend that if you are going for longer period. The food in resorts is not very amazing but very expensive relatively outside restaurants. During our stay, we used to have breakfast at resort than, we used to go out for drive coming back in the afternoon, chilling out by the pool or beach, in the evening going to bar and later on going out for dinner. Petrol is RM 1.37 per litre so you could drive around as much as you like. Not much life night so try to make the most of day time.

• Intro Updated Jan 27, 2004

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Hello Imbi, Nice pages. Thank you very much and happy new year to you. Tomas Eriksson :)

• vickss's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2008 at 6:10 AM

Its not so uncommon. Infact we have it in India as well

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 1:03 AM

hey there... so you living in London now mister???? How are you doing??? I am going to have a snoop around your langkawi pages now... planning a trip there..!!!

• Azri_Azmi's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 4:47 AM

Hi, proud to read your great commends on Langkawi. Will re-visit? Thanks.

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 3:40 AM

It's been a while since I stepped foor in Langkawi. Looking at the pictures brings back the memory. Thanks.

• JamesWtc's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 7:36 AM

yeah man.....langkawi is just peaceful, tranquil and beautiful island!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2004 at 6:45 AM

Wow!! This is one great Langkawi page. Even a Malaysian like me find it fascinating. Lot of things still not known to me until i read your page. Wow!!!!

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2004 at 5:31 AM

Very interesting and attractive page! Well done!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 12:44 AM

Outstanding opening picture! Looking at your pictures brought back lots of nice memories.

• Wackywoman's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 12:46 PM

Thank you VERY much for all the information you have shared. My children and I are giong to Langkawi for3 nights in two weeks enroute to Perth.Im now looking forward to hiring a car so we can see all the things you wrote about. Thanks again Alison x

Imbi

“Nothing changed”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi

Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?

Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi