"Insel Sylt" Sylt by BARRIE_GBZ

Sylt Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 78 photos

Beautiful island of Sylt

I used to live on this lovely island many years ago and have always wanted to return....well after nearly 40 years i did..!!
A lot of change has taken place ...some for the better and some,in my opinion,for the worse.
the Insel Bahn or island train is not running now...my house is also gone....
I remember how friendly everyone was...now the guy in th tourist information office in the Bahnoff was rude and arrogant....what a shame..it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
However i stayed in the reethus guesthouse...it was stunning and the staff were friendly and helpful...thanks to the guy in the Golsh fish restaurant for helping us thru the menu to a great meal...it was fun.I will add some pics when i have time and elaborate a little more.

Insel Sylt..drain cover..

Sylt is very smart..even the drain covers are worth photographing.

• Pros:Scenery,beaches,away from it all....
  • Cons:Windy,rude tourist office staff..
  • In a nutshell:A unique island worth a visit and a few days stay.
  • Last visit to Sylt: Jun 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 14, 2003

• travelanywhere's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2008 at 4:37 AM

Barrie, I am hoping to go to Sylt soon and I just met someone yesterday who has a home on the island that I might rent. Loved reading your comments and seeing your photos. They are great.

• alza's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 9:57 AM

hi barrie! sorry for yr bad experience with the Bahnhof guy. But thank you so much for those lovely pics, & for Reethus guesthouse. I want to go to Sylt. :-)

BARRIE_GBZ

“a single death is a tragedy...a thousand deaths is a statistic”

Ranked Member