"Insel Sylt" Sylt by BARRIE_GBZ
Sylt Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 78 photos
I used to live on this lovely island many years ago and have always wanted to return....well after nearly 40 years i did..!!
A lot of change has taken place ...some for the better and some,in my opinion,for the worse.
the Insel Bahn or island train is not running now...my house is also gone....
I remember how friendly everyone was...now the guy in th tourist information office in the Bahnoff was rude and arrogant....what a shame..it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
However i stayed in the reethus guesthouse...it was stunning and the staff were friendly and helpful...thanks to the guy in the Golsh fish restaurant for helping us thru the menu to a great meal...it was fun.I will add some pics when i have time and elaborate a little more.
Sylt is very smart..even the drain covers are worth photographing.
- Pros:Scenery,beaches,away from it all....
- Cons:Windy,rude tourist office staff..
- In a nutshell:A unique island worth a visit and a few days stay.
BARRIE_GBZ's Related Pages
Sylt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wide open skies and lots of wind"
- "Sylt - Holiday island"
- "SYLT, ISLAND ON THE BORDER OF GERMANY AND DANMARK"
- "Wind and Sea! This is Sylt!"
- "Insel Sylt"
- "Playground of the rich people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sylt
- Hotels in Sylt
- Transportation in Sylt
- Restaurants in Sylt
- Shopping in Sylt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sylt
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Sylt?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- Norway Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Spain Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- France Intro, 5 reviews
- Germany Intro, 3 reviews
- Switzerland Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Denmark Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Sylt Intro, 2 photos