"Live it up in the Big Easy" New Orleans by ymike2000
New Orleans Travel Guide: 4,331 reviews and 7,719 photos
My first New Orleans experience was a trip with my father just after I graduated college. He was on a business trip and left me to wander around the city all week. The music, the food, the drinks, the people...I was hooked. For 4 years I'd struggled to learn jazz and all it took was a week in New Orleans for me to finally "get it". I went home with cookbooks, CDs and a new addition to my list of favorite destinations.
Since then I've visited New Orleans many times in my professional life. I always expect to love it and it never disappoints.
The sign says
First sighted as Indian portage
to Lake Pontchartrain and Gulf
in 1699 by Bienville and Ibertville.
Founded by Bienville in 1718;
named by him in honor of the
Duke of Orleans, Regent of France.
Called the Crescent City because of
location in bend of the Mississippi."
- Pros:Creole food, strong drinks. Great jazz, blues, cajun music.
- Cons:Hot and humid.
- In a nutshell:Somehow laid back and intense at the same time.
Most New Orleans drinks are very sweet and tasty. You have no idea how strong they are until you try to stand up. In... more travel advice
New Orleans lies about 6 feet below sea level. This caused a problem with burying the dead. If you did a hole 6 feet... more travel advice
ymike2000's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ontario Village Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Louis Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Ignacio Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xunantunich Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Franconia Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue