"Greetings from New Jersey" ymike2000's Profile
Hello my VT brothers and sisters! I'm a scenery nut and I'm never without my camera. My favorite way to travel is alone and by car.
Since I'm a school teacher, I have some time in the summer to travel. So every year I take a cross-country road-trip. I've been to all 50 states, but there's still so much to see. I believe you can't truly experience the USA while only staying on the interstates. You miss out on too much!
If you are interested, you can see more photos of my roadtrips in the travelogues of my USA page.
For many years I was fortunate enough to travel as the concert sound technician with a band. On tour I've been all over the USA and Canada, and also several countries in Europe. Though it's more difficult these days to work touring into my schedule, I sometimes still manage to get myself out there!
I've been a musician all my life and I love being involved with good music, but I don't care to be in the spotlight. So the perfect place for me is at the rear of the venue with everyone's back to me!
This photo was taken in March of 2002 at Alice Tully Hall, part of NYC's Lincoln Center. It was a long soundcheck and I was really fried, but the crew was on a union break and I got a chance to sit down for a few minutes.
I live in Lodi, New Jersey - a town in Bergen County about 9 miles from New York City. Eventually I'll get around to posting some pictures and info on my hometown.
This photo is of a park near my former home in nearby Belleville. See, New Jersey is actually very pretty once you get off the main roads.
Until the Spring of 2006 I used to work in New York City. I took this photo near the entrance to my building. The street is East 42nd Street. In the foreground is Grand Central Station and the skyscraper behind it is the Chrysler Building.
I love the city and miss the energy, but my new career suits me much better - I'm now an elementary school music and computer science teacher. While this means I'm no longer free to travel 10 months of the year, it certainly doesn't mean I'm not having any adventures. And of course my students study lots of music from all over the world :)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 95 Reviews
- 342 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- ymike2000 and jayjayc are now friends.
- Commented on ymike2000's profile page
- Posted in Travel New York State Forum "Re: ROUND TRIP -New..."
updated their Profile Page "Greetings from New Jersey"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Greetings from New Jersey"
- updated a United States of America Travelogue "American Images 8"
- Wrote a Review Making the most of a short stay in Schondorf am Ammersee Nightlife
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cayo District Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ontario Village Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Louis Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Ignacio Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xunantunich Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Franconia Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos