"Fuji-san, mr. Fuji, famous mountain hides itself" Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen by Pavlik_NL
Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 698 photos
Fuji-san or Mister Fuji, the Japanese respectfully call their highest, holiest and most famous mountain. Mountain?!? Oops, I ment volcano and the region is still pretty active, like many other places in Japan. Not many times the perfect shaped mountain sticks his top above the clouds and we have already been several times in his majesties neighborhood. Then suddenly mr. Fuji presents himself to us, when we are flashing by in the Shinkansen-train towards Kyoto. It is a magnificent sight. The region holds many more natural splendours in Hakone National Park, near Mount Fuji. Here various hotsprings and steaming boilers proove what is going on still deep in the earth's crust. A travel through Hakone will show you various landscape, while moving around in various means of transport.
If you have some spare time, by leaving early, then take walks from the beginning- or endstation into the village that... more travel advice
By local train from Tokyo Central Station you reach Hakone-gateway from where the journey starts. One of nice things is... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hakone: Lake Ashi, Mount Fuji & More"
- "The Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park & Mount Fuji"
- "The Izu Peninsula"
- "Fuji Hakone National Park"
- "Mount Fuji"
- "Mount Fuji and Vicinity"
- "Mountain and lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Hotels in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Transportation in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Nightlife in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Restaurants in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Shopping in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Warnings and Dangers in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Posted in Travel Pieterburen Forum "Re: Wadden loop"
- updated a Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Travel Page "Fuji-san, mr. Fuji, famous mountain hides itself"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fuji-san, mr. Fuji, famous mountain hides itself"
- Wrote a Review If you have some spare time,... in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues