"Nara, ancient city of first emperors" Nara by Pavlik_NL
Nara Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 1,033 photos
Nara, just South from Kyoto is the oldest imperial town of the Japanse royalty. Here their centuries old tradition started, after which it somewhat later moved to Kyoto. The town is still a little museum, where Kyoto is the bigger one. It's easy to reach for a days visit from the address you stay in in Kyoto. Here you need definately more then a day. Nara has besides numerous temples also the golden paviljon. In many places you can find total peace of mind, but in the gardens there you forget about the world around you rushing by. Nara is situated anyway in a very natural environment with foresty green and deer walking around, begging (or just taking) for food.
In Nara are several Japanese gardens. Most famous are the 'Isuien' en the 'Yoshikien'. Though both are traditionaly... more travel advice
As being a daytrip-attraction from Tokyo, in the evenings it gets very quiet in Nara. If you can, stay as long as you... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Japan's ancient capitals"
- "Rich Culture in the Countryside"
- "Nara - A historical City."
- "Deer Nara"
- "Nara - Ancient Japanese City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nara
- Hotels in Nara
- Transportation in Nara
- Restaurants in Nara
- Shopping in Nara
- Warnings and Dangers in Nara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues