"Key Largo gateway to the magical world under water" Key Largo by Pavlik_NL
Key Largo Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 255 photos
Key Largo, just South of Miami, is the first of the long chain of islands that stretch out into the Atlantic ocean to make a border with the Gulf of Mexico. Key West, the last of this chain is closer to Havana on Cuba then to Miami. The island are the tops of coralreefs that surfaced and so around the Keys is a unique underwaterworld full of colourful beauty. We choose Key Biscaine as startingpoint for our discovery of this magic kingdom of the ocean. You can dive or snorkle in groups on organised tours. They find good spots and shwo you - if necessary - how to use the equipment. Then the fairytale starts, because underwater you forget all notion of time. What seemed to be an hour of amazement, was actually a full four hours when we returned to the boat. Some touroperators use special glass-bottom-boats, so those who are not going into the warm water can also enjoy the coralreefs and it's colourful inhabitants.
Parrotsfish, elefantsfish, piereels, sunfish, discusfish as well as sharks, baracuda's and murena. The coralreefworld... more travel advice
What's this? Is it a shark? ... no ... Is it a Octopus? ... well, no ... Is it a seecow (manatee)? ... hmm, it looks... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Key Largo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "key largo florida"
- "Welcome to Key Largo"
- "Start of the road to Paradise"
- "Key Largo"
- "Key Largo - Who knew ?"
- "Key Largo and the Keys"
- "Diving and drinking"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key Largo
- Hotels in Key Largo
- Transportation in Key Largo
- Nightlife in Key Largo
- Restaurants in Key Largo
- Shopping in Key Largo
- Warnings and Dangers in Key Largo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key Largo
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (149)
Have you been to Key Largo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key Largo
- updated a Key Largo Travel Page "Key Largo gateway to the magical world under water"
- Posted in Travel Nijmegen Forum "Re: Where should I live and how..."
- Wrote a Review Parrotsfish, elefantsfish,... in Key Largo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Key Largo gateway to the magical world under water"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues