"San Simeon, Hearst's filthy rich place is beautifu" San Simeon by Pavlik_NL
San Simeon Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 332 photos
Don't forget to make a guided tour at the most extravagant place on earth: Hearst Castle. This mansion, sorry, I must say, these mansions were assembled by Randolph William Hearst, in his time one of the richest - if not the richest man on earth. Rich by enhiratance, richer by sticking this money into the mediabusiness. Awfull how he got the money multiplied as stating things like: "there is no news like bad news (and if there is no bad news you've got to make it)" obviously means the richness didn't come with honest hard work. The spending of it was even more horrible as he prooved that money CAN buy everything. Precious artifacts from all over the world were brought to his palace in his estate. Knowing this story you might see the beauty of it all in a more realistic and different way.
Still I admired his achievements and had a great time with our guide who was incredably funny. We had some terrific good laughs together.
Safari in California? Yes, with one of the tours it is possible. This our goes around over the full estate and also... more travel advice
Don't dive into the Neptune or indoor pool. It is not easy to hold yourself back from this as the places look truely... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
San Simeon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hearst Castle in San Simeon"
- "Home of Hearst Castle"
- "San Simeon-Hearst Castle and Elephant Seals"
- "The Magnificent Hearst Castle"
- "San Simeon - Pacific Coast Hwy 1 Drive"
- "More than the Hearst Castle in San Simeon"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 4 San Simeon & Hearst Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Simeon
- Hotels in San Simeon
- Transportation in San Simeon
- Nightlife in San Simeon
- Restaurants in San Simeon
- Shopping in San Simeon
- Warnings and Dangers in San Simeon
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Simeon
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to San Simeon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Simeon
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: fined for pissing on the..."
- Wrote a Review Visit a collection of exotic animals. in San Simeon Off The Beaten Path
- created a San Simeon Travel Page "San Simeon, Hearst's filthy rich place is beautifu"
- Uploaded a Photo to "San Simeon, Hearst's filthy rich place is beautifu"
Photos in San SimeonSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (52)
Latest San Simeon hotel reviews
- Best Western Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
- 1053 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- The Orchid Inn At San Simeon
- 501 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Motel 6 San Simeon - Hearst Castle Area
- 160 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Ragged Point Inn
- 319 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- San Simeon Lodge
- 237 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Days Inn San Simeon
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Silver Surf Motel
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Courtesy Inn San Simeon
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013