"Flagstaff, wintersport in the desert" Sunset Crater National Monument by Pavlik_NL
Sunset Crater National Monument Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 162 photos
Flagstaff is the place to be if you want to put on ski's in the desert. The mountains - in wintertime, so I cannot ski my heart out now - have good possibilities for the snowlover. In summertime the town also offers special places, maybe unknown, but definately worth visiting. Oak Creek Canyon, South of Flagstaff, is mentioned in my Sedona-page. But take for example the Sunset Crater Park, just North of Flagstaff (across the famous route 66 that runs through the town). This old volcanic environment shows still the scarrs of eruptions from the perfect shaped mountain that dominates the surrounding landscape. Somewhat further you come at Wupatki, where ruines from an old Indian village can be seen. Don't miss these little treasures on the tour along the great parks in these Arizona and Utah neighborhoods.
Sunset Crater National Park, North-East from Flagstaff. This area is formed by not that ancient volcanic activity. The... more travel advice
Further North-East of Flagstaff there is a clear example from the still) indian discriminating and humiliation status of... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Sunset Crater National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Sunset Crater Page"
- "Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument"
- "Lava Flowed Freely Once"
- "Cinder Cones Galore"
- "Flagstaff, wintersport in the desert"
- "SUNSET CRATER NATIONAL PARK"
- "Arizona Volcano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sunset Crater National Monument
- Transportation in Sunset Crater National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Sunset Crater National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sunset Crater National Monument
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Sunset Crater National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sunset Crater National Monument
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues