"Grand Canyon, a gab between two habitats" Grand Canyon by Pavlik_NL
Grand Canyon Travel Guide: 933 reviews and 3,112 photos
Who hasn't heared of this natural wonder. Only ten kilometres through the air is it from the South Rim to the North Rim, but if you want to cross this shortest distance you will have to take a fierce walk of many miles over rough terrain and go one mile deep into the earth to get to the other side. By road, the distance is more then 200 miles, as the closest bridge over this enormous abyss is appr.100 miles North. The amazement of it's deviding force may be coming to you if you realise that nature on the North-side evolved differently as on the South Rim. If there is snow on the Rim's, temperatures inside the hole are still high enough to never make it white. The earth's layers on the bottom are the oldest anywhere on the surface and date back to the creation of our planet.
If you are not up to make the walk to the other side, then try to go down to the Colorado-riverbed or through Indian Gardens to Plateau-point. Take enough water with you but don't be to influenced by the American safety-precautions as they have a way of overexagorating everything in their fear for legal charges if something might go wrong. It is a nice walk down to the last named overlookpoint and at least you have seen the river from there (still 600 mtrs further down).
Good hikingshoes are highly recommended on a descent to Phantom Ranch. Enough films as you can keep on shooting... more travel advice
The Grand Canyon has a spectacular view from either rim, in which colours are changing continuesly with the rising and... more travel advice
- Bustours can bring you to all...
- Hike into the canyon? Take enough water...
- Mexican influenced cookery
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Grand Canyon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HIKING THE GRAND CANYON - WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!"
- "The Awesome Beauty of the Grand Canyon"
- "Canyon Dreams"
- "Grand Canyon - West Rim"
- "CARVED BY THE COLORADO"
- "Grand Canyon from the air"
- "The path less trodden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Canyon
- Hotels in Grand Canyon
- Transportation in Grand Canyon
- Nightlife in Grand Canyon
- Restaurants in Grand Canyon
- Shopping in Grand Canyon
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Canyon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Canyon
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Grand Canyon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Canyon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues