"Kleve, Germany, just across our "border"" Top 5 Page for this destination Kleve by Pavlik_NL

Kleve Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 64 photos

Pictoresque town with a great history

The ducy of Kleve was for centuries in conflict with the one from Gelre (ruled from Arnhem). At one time the borders of the ducy even stretched out into the Betuwe (riverlands) and had "Huessen" (see my "Huissen"-page) as outpost, just a few kilometres from the gates of Arnhem.

Kleve is a place that connects close to the Lohengrin / Swan-knight saga, which will of course be mentioned in my tips about this old German town.

As soon as we go shopping here again (they have this neat little Russian store here) I will shoot some more pictures and tell you all aboutnderful german town, just across our borders to the East.

• Intro Updated May 31, 2003

• vichatherly's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2009 at 1:52 AM

I'll be heading to Kleve at the weekend. Travelling along from Eindhoven - Nijmegen and Arnhem. Going to the CWGC cemetery for a friend.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Hi! Nice little page. I'm going to be in Nijmegen for a couple of days next week and was looking for places around to visit - would it be easy to cycle from Nijmegen to Kleve? Cheers, John.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 2:18 PM

when we were there, there was a German rock band playing in the Swan-castle the place was crowded with " students " out for a party !!! We gave it a miss..... Nice place though

• Roeffie's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2004 at 5:46 AM

Nice page of Kleve! I buy a lot of stuff here! Great towncentre!

• huib-jose's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2003 at 12:01 PM

Touching legend of Swan-castle. Nice work that you did, my dear colleague! Groetjes, Jose.

• May 31, 2003 at 1:20 PM

Of course when you said you went there to go shopping, guess how quickly I went to your Kleve travel page ;-) Thank you for sharing.

Pavlik_NL

“Our dream: one world, without borders”

Badges & Stats in Kleve