Krasnodar Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Pavlik_NL Top 5 Page for this destination
Krasnodar Warnings and Dangers: 5 reviews and 5 photos
A new plague raging over Russia
As if the economic situation is not already worrying enough with the wide gap that is in between rich and poor, the situation is even made worse by the enormous amount of casino's and gambling clubs that appear everywhere in Krasnodar (as well as many other Russian towns). Hopefully Russians know that wealth does NOT come the easy way and besides the entertaining form of a casino, it should NEVER be a means to survive or to instantly become rich. These people will be in the guther within a couple of hours.
"Normal" living circumstances ... )-:
This page shows mostly the attractive side of Krasnodar. However, this town of about one million inhabitants is for 90% old and falling apart - just like most other Russian cities, except Moscow and Saint Petersburg. As these two swallow up the majority of state funding, other towns are in deficit with every public affair. Roads are full of holes and the former collective housing is looking pretty poorly. In Krasnodar, the centre is starting to become new and shining, but ... at the cost of the rest of town. If you can't stand this side ... stay in the centre.
Slowly builded compounded houses of the "new Russi
Russia has had it's share of misery after East and West made the connection. Several financial crises have paralised the public sector and the state actually is already several times bankrupt. Taxes are relatively low and therefore the infrastructure is shockingly bad, as well as other public matters (affordable housing). Meanwhile the constant growing middle class of so called "new Russians" have gained enormous. Not only in financial way, but especially in ways of living. In the Sowjet greenzones (usually planned in between large housing parts of cities) are completely filled with huge houses that have all comfort possible. Roads however in these part do not excist, neither a public system for sewage, water, gas and electric. This individualism is a potential danger for the balance within Russia and leaves a very split, as well as often shocking, view for visitors.
Ilja, constantly protected with his cap.
Krasnodar's Southern position in combination with the land climat that Russia has, leads to enormous heatwaves in summertime. Many people of the city itself find their way in weekends and days off to the cooler environment of the Black Sea coast, when temperatures inside the city bounderies reach towards 40 degrees Celsius. Bring sunglasses or a head (cap) in summertime, it is very necessary.
Folklore-dancing during town's rasdenja (birthday)
Again, there is the language-problem. Here even stronger then in the two capitols Moksva and Saint Petersburg, where at least some tourist run around. In these neighborhood you will be one of the few non-Russians and that holds positive sides as well as negative ones. If you do not know the Russian language, an inside-guide (Russian friend, family or businesspartner) is a must or you must realy have a very adventurous personality.
More Reviews (45)
- See All For coffee, tea and many many cocktails
- See All Still to come, a monument for Jekatarina
- See All Buildings of law and finance
- See All Athletics in the sports stadion on...
- See All Our VT-specialist in Krasnodar
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Krasnodar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krasnodar, capitol of Kuban is a beautiful "gift""
- "My town Krasnodar"
- "Just a walk..."
- "a nice southern city"
- "Krasnodar - a beautiful city"
- "Krasnodar city"
- "Few days in Krasnodar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krasnodar
- Hotels in Krasnodar
- Transportation in Krasnodar
- Nightlife in Krasnodar
- Restaurants in Krasnodar
- Shopping in Krasnodar
- Warnings and Dangers in Krasnodar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Funchal Hotels
- Colombia Hotels
- Hlavni Mesto Praha Hotels
- Westoning Hotels
- Price Scams
- Australia Warnings and Dangers
- Lucca Warnings and Dangers
- Niigata Warnings and Dangers
- Quebec Warnings and Dangers
- Armenia Warnings and Dangers
- Jekyll Island Warnings and Dangers
- Papua New Guinea Warnings and Dangers
- Maastricht Warnings and Dangers
- Health and the Weather
- Lauterbrunnen Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Krasnodar
- 50 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Krasnodar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krasnodar
- Posted in Travel Eindhoven Forum "Re: Restaurants ?? Stoompot..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The first VT-meeting in Krasnodar!"
- Wrote a Review For coffee, tea and many many cocktails in Krasnodar Nightlife
- Commented on one of KatrinaMilano's Krasnodar travel pages
- updated a Krasnodar Travel Page "Krasnodar, capitol of Kuban is a beautiful "gift""
Photos in KrasnodarSee All Photos (95)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Latest Krasnodar hotel reviews
- Intourist-Krasnodar Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2013