"Krasnodar, capitol of Kuban is a beautiful "gift"" Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar by Pavlik_NL
Krasnodar Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 168 photos
Krasnodar (means something like "Beautiful Gift") used to be called Ekaterinodar, as it was given by tsarina Kathrin the Great to the Kozaks that conquered the Kuban-region in the name of Russia (against the Osmanic Turks that roamed the lands here). Since then Krasnodar has grown to be a city of almost a million inhabitants and one of the agricultural capitols of the whole of Russia as for the furtile (black) soil and climatological prosporous environment in the Kuban lowlands.
The town borders on the Kuban river and (on the other riverbank) the autonome province of Adegia. This is actually the first of somewhat foreign influences within the Russian culture. Many Adegyans work in Krasnodar and add their specific flavour. More noticable recently is the growing group of Caucasus people, adding more colours too. Georgians, Abchasians, Armenians, Ossethians, Azeri etc. etc. come to the biggest town in this region for work and a "better life". It makes Krasnodar - especially for Russian standards - a very multicultural society.
For visitors the town and surroundings have many surprises that are presented in the most hospitable way by the Russian people. Reason can be that you will be one of the few foreign visitors to come here and intrested (and intreged) as the Russian are, you might become the middelpoint of their warm attention.
Great (new) cafe along Krasnaja Ulitsa with an even better roof terrace. From here you see over Krasnaja and can watch... more travel advice
As if the economic situation is not already worrying enough with the wide gap that is in between rich and poor, the... more travel advice
- See All Buildings of law and finance
- See All Athletics in the sports stadion on...
- See All Our VT-specialist in Krasnodar
- See All Shasliek, still originating from the...
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Krasnodar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krasnodar, capitol of Kuban is a beautiful "gift""
- "My town Krasnodar"
- "Just a walk..."
- "a nice southern city"
- "Krasnodar - a beautiful city"
- "Krasnodar city"
- "Few days in Krasnodar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krasnodar
- Hotels in Krasnodar
- Transportation in Krasnodar
- Nightlife in Krasnodar
- Restaurants in Krasnodar
- Shopping in Krasnodar
- Warnings and Dangers in Krasnodar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Krasnodar
- 50 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Krasnodar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krasnodar
- Posted in Travel Eindhoven Forum "Re: eindhoven airport to lommel"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The first VT-meeting in Krasnodar!"
- Wrote a Review For coffee, tea and many many cocktails in Krasnodar Nightlife
- Commented on one of KatrinaMilano's Krasnodar travel pages
- updated a Krasnodar Travel Page "Krasnodar, capitol of Kuban is a beautiful "gift""
Photos in KrasnodarSee All Photos (95)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (52)
Latest Krasnodar hotel reviews
- Intourist-Krasnodar Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2013