"Taman, already the Greeks knew how to get here." Taman' by Pavlik_NL
Taman' Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 34 photos
Taman used to be an ancient Greek tradingpost and there are several archeological sites that proove their permanent presence here. It is situated beautifully on the Taman bay watching out to the Krim-peninsula (Ukraine) on the horizon and the narrow seastreet that connects the Black Sea with the Azov Sea. The Greeks knew therefor it's strategic importance. Later, the Kozaks also understood this and it was one of the first fortificated places along the coast that they built in their continuous battle against the Osmanic forces that roamed the area.
Besides this historical intrestfields, the place is popular as bathingresort. The Black Sea turns into the bay and the waters are calm and even warmer then the open sea (shallowness). Russian writer Lermontov lived here a short while and in his house is now a small museum that gives a very nice picture about how one used to live in his days.
With the calm and shallow bay like Taman has, this area is wonderful for watersports. Windsurfing and sailing have the... more travel advice
Taman is at the North WEstern corner of the Kuban-region (Krasnodarskiji Kraj). No trains run through and thus one has... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Taman' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taman waits for you !"
- "Taman, already the Greeks knew how to get here."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Taman'
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Taman'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taman'
Photos in Taman'See All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues