Arnhem Local Custom Tips by Pavlik_NL Top 5 Page for this destination
Arnhem Local Customs: 15 reviews and 20 photos
The Jules Verne
Arnhem has a tendensy of showing of ... the wrong way. Arnhem has so much to offer, but the towns promotional programm is below any standard. With a magnificent Zoo, the Open Air museum, the fifth most popular shoppingcentre, the river Rhine cruises, the National Park "Hoge Veluwe" incl. the Kröller-Muller museum and so much more ... one should think that Arnhem would be overrun by tourists, but ... no. Hopefully my pages on VT can contribute little to a better draw of visitors to this magnificent town on the Rhine.
One of the most beautiful riverships that I know has it's homebase in Arnhem. It's the Jules verne from the shippingcompany Heymen. It is mainly used for large exclusive parties and has a bridge that can automatically be lowered in case of low bridges have to be pased. Well, let the picture speak for itself.
Nathalie does have a thing with cows
Markets are in my opinion the most cosy ways of shopping (for groceries). Every town has one in The Netherlands and the products sold are always fresh and deliscious. Historically seen, the markets make up the city, as one of the most important priviliges within the cityrights was the allowance to have a market. Products from the surrounding area's were brought here to be sold to the public and still it's like this within many towns in The Netherlands. The prices are also a lot lower then in shops, so why not get a taste of the market in Arnhem.
Tuesday morning in Presikhaaf
Wednesday morning in Arnhem South (Drieslag)
Thursday morning i citycentre (Jansplaats)
Friday morning in citycentre (Church quare)
and Saturday again in citycentre
Laura and Nathalie_B, seducing swans in Sonsbeek
If possible, I would be glad to guide any VT-visitor to Arnhem around. Of course I have my daytime job, but planned in advance I will always try my best to make your visiti to my hometown a complete and pleasant one. Arnhem is for sure worth visiting and deserves to have some embassadors that love the town as much as me. So, give me a mail and ... we'll look into the possibilities of "the full centre tour".
Nathalie - Red Nails - B takes it with a firm grip
Within the Eusebius- churchtower in Arnhem, we present proudly one of the largest clocks in Europe to our visitors. Sliding along it by glass elevator, most non-residents are alllowed to ring the 10.000 kilograms clock. Not too loud of course, otherwise the rest of the trip will be rather silent (as for deafness). In the bell there is a inscription telling a poem commemorating the battle of Arnhem in which the old large clock was falling down in the collapsing churchtower and brooke in two.
Queen's day dress-code.
Activities around our national holiday: Queens day at the 30st of April put Arnhem up-side-down. Livemusic on many locations and everything goes into a partymood. On the marketsquare is a huge freemarket for people who want to find that one item that they never saw in a shop.
Dress in orange (colour of the Dutch royal house) and you will be one of us. At night fireworks over the river Rhine are an official end to the festivities, though many party on until the next morning.
More Reviews (61)
- See All Dancing the night away
- See All The queen and princess from England (-:
- See All Local products and tourist souvenirs
- See All For sushi and tepanyaki you go to:
- See All Cosy small camping in the forest
- See All The natural estates way up North
- See All See the old citycentre by foot
- See All The "Singels", a green circle around the...
- See All Yet another place you don't want to end...
- See All Swimming in the forest
- Write down: ....
Been to Arnhem?Share your travels with the world!
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Arnhem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arnhem, green, green and more green"
- "These Arnhem pages are dedicated to Paul & Family"
- ""Garden City of the Rhine""
- "ARNHEM --A REAL GEM"
- "Five days alone in Arnhem..."
- "A visit I will never forget..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arnhem
- Hotels in Arnhem
- Transportation in Arnhem
- Nightlife in Arnhem
- Restaurants in Arnhem
- Shopping in Arnhem
- Warnings and Dangers in Arnhem
- See All...
Explore the World
- Wesley Chapel Hotels
- Ikaria Island
- Penzberg Hotels
- Giethoorn Hotels
- Pian del Voglio Hotels
Badges & Stats in Arnhem
- 66 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 39 Forum posts
- 92 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Arnhem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arnhem
Photos in ArnhemSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (52)
Latest Arnhem hotel reviews
- Burgers Zoo- 13 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Open Air Museum- 10 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Devil's House - Duivelshuis- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Airborne Museum- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- St Eusebius Church- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Sonsbeek Park- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Castle Roozendaal- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Kroller Muller Museum- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Post Office- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos