"Napoleon's army camping in The Netherlands" Austerlitz by Pavlik_NL
Austerlitz Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 16 photos
Napoleon's biggest victory on the mainland of Europe must have been at the Czechian village of Austerlitz. Here he battled against a combination of Prusian, Austrian (Habsburgian) and Russian troops and came out as the winner. Large parts of Europe fell in French hands and his domination was firm until his journey into Russia with the "Grande Armee". In The Netherlands the army of Napoleon camped out in the forests of "Utrecht heuvelrug" (= hill-range) and general "De Marmont" decided to put his men to work. Under inspiration of the pyramides of Egypt (that he saw before on one of his missions in Africa), he ordered a pyramid built in honour of Napoleon.
Neer the pyramid, in the green forests that surround it, commerce came in the form of a small funfair for children. Ilja was of course very happy with that and he played with many attractions. A round in the train, flying in a plane and ...
... of course going round-and-round in the carroussel.
Austerlitz has no connection, but one by road, to the outside world. The village itself is very small, even miniscule... more travel advice
Where there is a point of interest, there are people that want to benefit from it. This must have been the case of the... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Austerlitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The pyramid of Austerlitz"
- "Napoleon's army camping in The Netherlands"
- "Pyramide van Austerlitz Page"
- "Pyramide of Austerlitz"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Austerlitz
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Austerlitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austerlitz
Photos in AusterlitzSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues