"Bladel, the village that my father was born" Bladel by Pavlik_NL
Bladel Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 18 photos
In the Southern part of Northern Brabant, just some kilometres from the Belgian border, Bladel is a typical village of the "Kempen". Small centre, surrounded by wide and intensive agricultural land. Historically seen a neighborhood center, surrounded by the "zeven Selligheden (Zaligheden)" (= zeven merry places), to know as "Eersel" (also known as the pearl of them), Knegsel, Steensel, Reusel, Wintelre (used to be Wintersel), Netersel en Hulsel. Some say that "Sterksel" is the eightest "Selligheit", some disagree in that. Anyway, Bladel can be found in a wonderful Brabant landscape and hides itself also a few treasure.
The "Kempen" are situated on relatively poor soils (sand), but have been since centuries one huge agricultural society. Mixed farming (both cattling as arable land) can still be found in the surroundings of Bladel. Modern farmhouses are now side by side with large old "hoeves" (old farmhouses), some with huge straw roofs. Parcels are relatively small, even now the scale-increasing has found it's way in The Netherlands.
Bladel, my grandparents lived here all their lives and my heritage here goes back even four centuries. My great-great-great-great (etc) grandfather was a agricultural tax accounant and one of his grandsons would even make it to the mayor of the district. My father was born in Bladel, as well as his ten sisters and brothers (yes, we're talking about good Catholic families in these neighborhoods and times). more about them you can find in the travellogues.
Okay, this statement is a little bit overdone, but Bladel is in touristic aspect not really the centre of the world, let... more travel advice
Already very early the people of Bladella Villa got freedom-rights. In the dark centuries of the Middle Ages, farmers as... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Bladel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bladel, the village that my father was born"
- "Green Everywhere"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bladel
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Bladel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bladel
Photos in BladelSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues